Part 3

It's been almost three weeks since the two supervillians went to Riddle U again to train Barbara Gordon or, how she wanted to be called, Batgirl. Training the girl had been more difficult than the pair had expected. Barb had some skills in hand-to-hand fighting but she was reckless and very predictable most of the time.

Now, after days and days of practicing for eight hours straight, the commissioner's daughter had become a worthy rival for the ex-psychologist and the ex-biochemist –if she didn't used her powers, of course. She might be ready to fight against normal criminals but not supervillians. It was something at least.

"Guys, there is a party tonight on the fraternity house. We should go. Don't you think?" Barb asks after the training session of that day. The two women look at her with a raised brow. "Come on! We are friends right? Friends go to parties together." she pouts and neither Harley nor Ivy can resist that.

"Fine, kiddo. It's gonna be fun. Right Iv?" Harley asks to her friend not really sure. The older redhead had been acting a little weird and you could see that she was down since they came here; Harley suspects it had to be related with whatever she saw on her phone just a few moments before Barbara came into the mall asking for help. "Iv?" the blonde insists when her best friend doesn't answer; she was lost in her thoughts... again.

"Um... yeah, sure. Let's go to that party. It might be fun." she didn't seem very excited but Harley decided to wait until they were alone.

"Hey, Barbs. We'll go to the room and get some rest for tonight, okay? See you later, kid." she says taking Ivy's hand and leaving without giving the younger girl a chance to respond.

Any of the women talks until they get to the room and Harley closes the door. "Okay, Iv... time to talk. Tell me what's going on. You have been down since we came here and you haven't used your phone in all this time. Actually, I'm pretty sure that it's not even on." Harley says while sitting on the bed and bringing the redhead with her.

Ivy stays a moment in silence but suddenly starts sobbing which causes Harley to worry and hugs her friend tight. "I... I don't wanna talk about it Harls... not now... but thanks for being here with me." After a couple of minutes, the ex-biochemist has finally calmed down.

"Iv... honey... I'll always be with you. No matter what. I promise." the blonde answers thinking about how blind she had been all this time, not realizing what she felt until Kite-Man had taken Ivy away from her... If only she had forgotten about Joker sooner... maybe they would have had a chance. Now it was too late but, just as Freeze said, Harley would do anything for Ivy but only as a friend.

Harley laid both of them down and they soon fell asleep, still hugging each other and with their legs intertwined.