Part 5

Harley woke up the next morning with a really big hangover and the sun shining brightly in her face. She mumbles something and turns around trying to avoid the sun so she could go back to sleep. But, before she could fall back into Morpheus' arms, Harley feels something warm next to her and opens her eyes only to find a pair of beautiful emeralds.

"What the fuck?!"

FLASHBACK

"Okay, we are here. So, this are V.I.P bracelets, they will give unlimited access to anything in the bar and to a more private area if you want to... you know... have some time alone with someone..." Barbara says before handing them two green bracelets. She blushed hard at the last part of the sentence.

"Oh, thanks!" Harley grabs her bracelet and quickly ties it in her wrist. "We should get in the line before it gets too long and we'll only get in after waiting for hours." adds and pulls them to the line not even waiting an answer.

Ivy, who had just finished tying the wristband, looks at Barb with a mischievous smile. "How did you get not only one but three V.I.P wristbands for a party that seems completely out of your comfort zone?" asks and this gets Harley's attention too, whose head snaps up like a puppy who just heard the sound of their food packet being open. "Yeah, how did you get those bracelets?" Harley pushes a little, eager to get an answer and Barbara blushes even more, if that's possible.

"Um... a friend got them to me. It's not a big deal. Just enjoy them, okay? How I got them it's none of your concern." the hero answers eager to end the conversation or at least change the topic of it.

"You just said you got them from a friend so why..." Ivy stops talking when she sees the pleading look that the girl was giving her. "Okay... I'm gonna drop the subject now... don't worry." she laughs and they start talking about random things while they wait to get in.

They wait for around thirty minutes before they finally make to the front of the line and they are allowed entering the house. "Finally! It's time to party girls!" Harley says the second the step in. "Yeah that felt like forever. What do you say if we get some..." the biochemist doesn't get to finish her sentence because some guy comes to them, greats Barb and they leave to the dance floor. They notice the dorky smile that both of them had.

"Okay... I guess that now we know how she got those V.I.P passes" Ivy laughs and she turns to Harley. "Should we get a drink before going to dance?" proposes and the blonde nods taking her hand to let her guide to the bar.

The party has been going on for hours and the two supervillians are dancing in the middle of the room surrounded by a crowd of people. Both of them are a little tipsy –they are drunk, actually- but both of them still have some control of what they do and what comes out of their mouths.

"Harls! Thank you again for being with me this afternoon but not pushing me to tell you what was wrong." Ivy says still dancing at the music's rhythm.

The song changes and a romantic melody start to sound. It doesn't take long for the couples to start dancing together. "Oh my god! I love that song, Iv! Please dance with me, please...?" Harley pleads the second she recognizes the melody.

"Sure, babe" it's the answer of the redhead. Ivy posses her arms around the blonde's waist and she entangles hers in the neck of the redhead. They start dancing very slow and, when the chorus begins the psychologist lays her head on the other woman's shoulder.

'Can I go where you go?

Can we always be this close?

Forever and ever, ah

Take me out, and take me home

You're my, my, my, my lover'

Harley can't help but to breathe very deep, wanting to get as much of Ivy's scent as she can. She knows this moment won't last forever, but she's gonna hold into it as much as she can. She will save this moment in her mind for when she finally lost her.

'And I'm highly suspicious that everyone who sees you wants you

I loved you three summers now, honey, but I want them all.'

The blonde woman thinks that, one day her friend won't be dancing this song with her, she might dance it with Kite-Man and that makes her eyes water. Just thinking that he is gonna have this beautiful woman all for himself, that he could kiss her anytime he wanted, it sent a wave of pain to her chest. She wanted that, but realized that she loved her too late.

That's when a thought crosses her mind, a very selfish one but she can't help it. "Iv...?" Harley looks at the redhead's eyes. "Yeah..?" Their voices are very soft and low, as if talking a little louder would break the moment and pop their bubble. The gymnast caresses the other woman's lower lip and, after letting out a sigh, she crashes her lips against them.

'My heart's been borrowed and yours has been blue

All's well that ends well to end up with you

Swear to be over dramatic and true to my lover'

They break the kiss and Harley looks at the biochemist fearing her reaction. However, she gets surprised when Ivy starts caressing her cheeks. "Shhh..." shushes the redhead when the blonde tries to apologize. This time is Ivy who begins the kiss; it soft, tender, full with love and free of fear.

When they finally end it, they keep their foreheads together, reluctant to end the contact. Harley's eyes are full of happiness and Ivy has a huge smile on her face.

"This ended way better than I expected it." the blonde says letting out a sigh of relief. She wasn't afraid of what the consequences might be anymore, all she wanted was to live this moment.

"The night can end even better if you want to." it's Ivy's answer giving the other woman a knowing-full look which makes Harley's smile even bigger. They don't say anything else; they just leave the fraternity house, go to their room and barely make it through the door before they start kissing again.

END OF THE FLASHBACK