Chapter four

Chapter four

Jeff Howard sat in his home office his focus all in his book he was reading. He was a known tycoon in London with a shipping company. The business had been running in his family for ages and he has inherited it from his father. He had closed major business deals in the past few weeks and he was happier than usual. He had a beautiful wife, Madeline and two sons, Nathan and Craig. Everything was just going on so well. He couldn't help but smile to himself, as he sipped scotch from his glass. And then he turned a page of his book. He loved spending time at home, where his family was. He wanted to retire but Craig had to first finish College first. He wasn't ready to take on the company yet. Oh how he couldn't wait for that time to come.

He had grown tired of his daily schedule. Waking up early in the morning to go to work every day, mid-week business trips or sometimes even longer. It was now time for him to retire and let his son take over but he had to wait a few more months till he graduated college.

Jeff was too busy thinking that he didn't notice his wife leaning against the doorway. 'I have been standing here for almost five minutes and you didn't notice me. What are you thinking about?' she said moving towards him sitting across him at the desk.

'Nothing really. It's just that I can't wait to retire. I have closed the Russian deal and I know it will bring a lot of money into the company.' He said smiling at her with tired eyes.

'I knew you would manage to convince them.' Madeline smiled at him as she stood up from her chair and walked to his side. He looked at her with a glint of admiration in his eyes. He had fallen in love with her the moment he saw her in New York on one of his business trips almost twenty five years ago. Chestnut hair falling to her back, hazel eyes, fair skin and her slender body and small curves got him whipped. He felt guilty at the moment for feeling that way towards another woman because he was still married to Janet at the time.

Even though their marriage was on the rocks at that time, he was still married and thinking of another woman was adultery. So he didn't talk to her but he kept on seeing her face in his sleep. He decided it was too much and forged another business trip to New York two weeks later just to see her. He went back to the exact hotel he had seen her at but she wasn't on duty that day. She was a receptionist there and had checked him in the first time. So he checked in and decided he would wait for her to come take her shift. The next day, she came. Her glorious chestnut hair tied in a tight bun above her head. He was at a loss of words when he went to talk to her but he managed to ask her to a date later when she was free. They went to eat at a cheap pizzeria because she said she didn't like fancy. He didn't mind at all. All he wanted was to just admire her beauty. She talked too much and she was funny. They laughed all night, exchanged contacts and talked often. He couldn't get over her. He kept on forging trips to go see her every time. They started dating after a few months and she ended up pregnant. Nine months later, they got Craig. He adored him. He looked exactly like his mother.

Jeff then asked her to move to London. So he could take care of them. He wanted to see his son more often. And she did so. But Jeff was still married to Janet. So he moved Madeline and Craig to his Beach house as he tried to get out of his marriage because he wanted to be with Madeline. He had never told Madeline that he had been married with a ten year old daughter. He started going home late and sometimes not spending weeks at his marital home. He grew distant to his family and preferred spending time with Madeline and Craig.

He often started pointless arguments with Janet so she could get tired of him and ask for a divorce, but she never did. She always came back to him and apologised even when she wasn't at fault. Jeff always wondered why he couldn't break her. As for his daughter, he pushed her away. He never wanted anything to do with any of them. At least he made sure he paid their bills and that they never lacked but Madeline and Craig were all he wanted. The constant fights got Janet into depression and he sometimes hit her but she wouldn't ask for a divorce. The pressure on him got too much. He was scared Madeline would find out about his marriage so he filed for divorce himself and moved out of their London House and moved in with Madeline.

Two years later, they got married. He couldn't have been happier. He loved the fact that he got a chance to renew his life and now he had a new family that he adored. Now looking at her smiling at him while crossing to his end of the desk, his heart swelled with love. He didn't think he would ever stop loving her. She sat at the arm of his chair and kissed his fore head lightly. 'I think it's time to go to bed honey. You work too much.' She said as she closed his book.

'I just love you too much.' He said out of the blue.

'And I love you too.' She smiled at him and then kissed him on the lips.

'You guys know you are so old to show PDA right?' Craig's said when he suddenly appeared at the door way of the office. He was smiling. He loved to see his parents so much in love.

'Oh c'mon just get yourself a wife son.' Jeff smiled at him and looked back at Madeline.

'You might get surprised when you find out.'

'All I can say is that we can't wait to see her.' Jeff said laughing.

'I promise to be a loving mother-in-law.' Craig just shook his head and laughed.

'Oh by the way, before I found you two engrossed in each other, I had come to tell you that the Germany deal went through.' He smiled at his father. 'Congratulations dad. I knew you would manage.'

'Thanks son. You too will be just as good.'

'I hope so. Oh and before I forget, I will be leaving for Philadelphia for about a week before the end of the semester break.'

'Okay son. Be safe.' Madeline said walking towards him and kissed his cheek.

'Thanks mom. I hope you miss me.' He smiled at her and closed the door.

*********

The next morning Craig Howard packed his bags. He was excited to go on this trip. It was going to be the first time he ever went out on a vacation with his girlfriend Bella. They had finally made it official although he hadn't yet told his parents about her. He was not yet ready to do that because his father was still to judgemental on the type of women he dated and that didn't settle well with him. But anyway that was not something he needed to worry about then. For now he would enjoy this trip.

He finished packing and went downstairs to bid farewell to his parents and then pick up Bella from her apartment.

'Bye mom. Bye dad.' He said kissing both of them on the cheeks.

'Why are you in such a hurry? Won't you at least have breakfast?' Madeline said looking concerned.

'Don't worry mum. I will eat on the plane. Plus I need to pick some friends that I'm going with.' He said smiling at her as he started walking out.

'Now what? You've turned into a chauffeur now?' Madeline silently huffed hoping he wouldn't hear.

'I heard that mom.' Craig said not turning back smiling to himself.

He walked to his car and drove off to Bella's apartment to pick her up so that they would go to the airport. He picked up this phone to dial her number.

'Hello babe. How are you?'

'I'm okay. How are you? She answered sweetly.

'Excited! Anyway I hope you are ready. Am five minutes away. Can I find you outside already?'

'Yeah its okay. I'll be out in a minute.' She said and then cut the call.

Craig smiled to himself. He was going to enjoy every minute of this.

**********

Alright guys!!! And chapter four is here for you. Am sorry for the late update but please recommend my book to your friends, neighbours, relatives, siblings, etc. I'm still low on readers and that makes me sad. L

Please make my day and increase the reads, votes and I would really appreciate if you left behind a comment or two.

I need to know if ma wasting my time or not. It'd be nice to have interactive readers. In that way I can get corrected and learn from my mistakes.

Love,

Cinti ♥