Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Newly Transmigrated God

Xi Wei had transmigrated to another world.

Contrary to the popular trend of unlucky fellow transmigrators who became creatures such as goblins and gale wolves, he had become a god!

But Xi Wei did not think that he was all that lucky; in fact if he had the choice, he would rather switch places with those other transmigrators.

Why, you’d ask? Because regardless of whether their souls or bodies were reincarnated, at least they had a physical body. He, however, became a ball of light!

Not only that, the divinity that he had been imbued with as the ‘God of Games’ was already borderline unstable, to the point where after a while he might not even be able to maintain his form as a ball of light.

Utilizing the little divine energy1 he had left, he quickly checked through his Divine Records—his findings making him not know whether to laugh or to cry.

In this fantasy world he was thrown into, there were lots of different deities, most of which were ancient, having existed for long periods of time, with him, the God of Games being relatively new and inexperienced as a god.

In fact, his particular divinity was born in a very unorthodox way—from a past kingdom called Tierra in the mortal realm (the Prime Material Plane). The eleventh monarch of this kingdom, Yakaran the Eleventh was said to be an immoral, self-indulgent ruler, spending all his days addicted to games—be it card games, chess, or games like polo and soccer, without attending to internal affairs. He had always been an atheist, not believing in or liking any religion.

However, in this world filled with different deities, being an atheist in itself was an act of heresy. Even he, as a monarch, would be ill-spoken of and called into question. This trait would be used as an excuse for those who coveted the throne and wanted to condemn him and renounce his claim to the throne.

Stuck with the dilemma of wanting to prevent anything of the sort from happening but not wanting to bow his proud head to any religion, he thought of a perfect plan. He announced that he was a believer in the God of Games, and launched a multifaceted plan to make his people join the religion he created, giving promises and benefits to the aristocrats and by enforcing the law, somehow managing to pull together the church of the God of Games.

Soon after its creation, the religion rooted itself in Tierra, growing stronger in members as the days went by, to the point where more than half of the population of the kingdom became devout believers of the religion.

As the number of believers increased, the combined devotion created a god which had never existed in the pantheon before—the God of Games!

However, games are addictive. And as the religion grew, more and more people became addicted to games (especially gambling) and did not do their roles in society, causing the originally strong Tierra to fall from glory. Yakaran couldn’t even pass the throne to his son before the country was split and taken over by several small countries surrounding the borders of the kingdom.

Having seen the entirety of the rise and fall of Tierra, the surrounding kingdoms all severely rejected and banned the church of the God of Games, restricting all their citizens from joining the religion.

The strong and thriving church fell and disbanded in the blink of an eye—most of its believers deserting the religion.

Being a newly created deity, the original God of Games did not even get a chance to stabilize its divinity before the entire thing went south, causing its less than clear consciousness to dissipate, making way for a soul from Earth to take over its place…