Chapter 125

Chapter 125: Devil May Cry I

As a matter of fact, Xi Wei was passive on this occasion.

Interference from the Demonic Roe could block the eyes of divine beings to a certain extent. After all, not even Aslan the Great Lion could see Zod back when he became the Tsujigiri, and that deity was much more powerful than Xi Wei.

That was why Xi Weixi did not notice the Demonic Roe hidden in Cecil’s possession, and could only assume that he could not spit in certain places in the castle no thanks to the divine power of Kratos, the God of War that shrouded it (but it was actually in Cecil room).

The fighting had already started at the main keep when Xi Wei finally realized that something wasn’t right.

Then, when he finally finished drafting the quest and assigned it to the Players, they had already understood what happened thanks to Kinley.

Then, even as Kinley was diligently squeezing out more tears, she realized that the Players who had been not at all interested were suddenly all-fired up. The looks on their faces were menacing, and were basically saying ‘got it, we are all now going to split some heads’ or ‘I have no idea what’s happening, or what plot is afoot, but we are going ahead for the slaughter’.

Just as the girl was left dumbstruck, her inward rating of Angora raised by a notch: most people would be absolutely petrified the moment they heard the word ‘monsters’, turning flustered and unsure what to do.

It was already good enough that anyone would calmly and quickly pack up whatever they could before fleeing, but none of Angora’s retainers were fearful. In fact, they were preparing for the counterattack.

Since Kinley herself had been handpicked as the continent’s number one alchemist, she was naturally good at reading people. She was positive that the looks on the Players’ faces were definitely not ignorance and brashness in the face of frightening monsters, but irrepressible excitement and a yearning for battle (EXP).

If she had to put her finger on it, a Sword Saint whom she once met in her mentor’s atelier had the exact same face upon learning that there was a powerful foe appearing in a certain place.

Therefore, she could imagine that even if this bunch were not formidable now, they wouldn’t remain average joes!

Moreover, given that Angora was able to control this fine crop of retainers, he just might have more depth than Kinley had given him credit for.

Be that as it may, the monster that Cecil had turned into was very different compared to magical creatures, and these people were definitely not going to survive brashly rushing into the battlefield.

Although Kinley’s looked absolutely flustered on the surface, she was calm and collected inwardly to promptly conclude all that.

Hence, she decided to leak just a little information about the enemy and have this bunch retreat in the face of danger—they didn’t have to fight anyway since it was a win to have them safely retreat, and leave the rest to the Brilliant White Church and the Temple of Glory.

“I-I once saw it in my mentor’s encyclopedia… Cecil might have become a mythical demon!” The girl made a panicking face. “No one other than Archbishops or White Bishops could win against it!”

Angora already nodded before the girl could say ‘we have to ask the Brilliant White Church for help!’, and said, “I know.”

It was not just Angora either. In the room, his retainers were showing looks that said ‘oh, demon’, ‘just demons, no need for panic’ or ‘well, we knew all along it’s demons’.