Chapter 24

Chapter 24: Crisis in Starter Village

Congratulations! You have earned the recognition of more than half the villagers to successfully earn your leadership in the unnamed town.

You can now choose a name for your fief. (First name change is free, changing name again requires purchasing of name change ticket from the shop)

As the last stack of harvested spirit oats was stored amidst the townsfolks’ worshipful and disbelieving gazes, Angora Faust heard the notifications ding from his Liege System as he had hoped for.

Nonetheless, he was not rushing to check the notifications, but instead turned to the townsfolk. “My seeds have been empowered by divine arts and its effect would be lost after planting it. It would be meaningless even if you take the oats and plant them—I know that there are those of you who have tried and had no success, which is why you’re here now. Isn’t that so?”

Some of the townsfolk lowered their gazes in shame and fear.

If it had been any other lord in any other land, any subjects who even dared to steal a look upon a blessed crop would most likely end up hanged.

But Angora clearly wouldn’t.

The first reason was that the population in the town was too few, and human resources were vital to revive a town, and every bit of labor force at this time was considerably precious.

The second was that the townsfolk were all basically related, and simply punishing them could get him hated by the entire town. Without even an escort, Angora did not need to bear the unnecessary risk of being knifed in the back by his own subjects over some trivial matter.

“These spirit oat seeds are limited in number, and I’m unable to provide everyone with some. However, it is my promise as a lord that not one townsfolk would die of the cold or hunger in winter!” Angora declared loudly.

Since he did not have the skills for a show of force, he could try swaying the people through virtue.

All at once, the townsfolk erupted in cheer.

Watching as the town became filled with a delightful atmosphere and that the townsfolk chattering too excitedly to look at his direction, Angora breathed a sigh in relief.

He quietly muttered the command in his mind to check the system panel.

[Player: Angora Faust]

[Fief: Unnamed town]

[Class: Unknown Lord]

[Credits: 70 game coins]

[Fief prosperity: 12/100]

[Yield Points: 110]

[Population: 29/29 (You must build new residences to increase population limit)]

[Resident Players: 0 (Other players are coming soon)]

[Buildings: farmstead (Level 3)]

[Storehouse (Level 0): spirit oat x5, grown oat x22, Watering Bucket of the Devout]

[←Previous Page Next Page →]

“Why does it feel like nothing has really changed?”

Angora Faust mumbled before turning the system page, stumbling on a new one aside from Penguin Farm.

The new page resembled the shop page from Penguin Farm, but instead of selling seeds and farming tools, it sold a random assortment of building blueprints.