Chapter 84

Chapter 84: Wake Up, There Are Chores To Do

The Follower System obviously wasn’t just a random idea Xi Wei had while stalking his believers.

In reality, he had already been mulling the idea over ever since he redesigned the Pantheon Computer.

Since most current frogmen were still believers of the Aquatic Lord, even if Xi Wei absorbed the divinity of the Aquatic Lord, as long as he didn’t inherit the god’s deific properties and divine order, he still wouldn’t be able to gain many followers from the frogmen.

Along the same line of thought, it would be difficult for him to give blessings to the frogmen too. Xi Wei couldn’t even show the full extent of his Divine Grace to the frogmen either.

To make a simple comparison, say the Path of Faith between Xi Wei and other players was 5G, and that various video clips, photos, and powers could be shared between them instantaneously, then the connection between him and the frogmen was basically dial-up internet, even a low-resolution image could take upwards for half an hour to load, and even then there were a high risk of an “Unable to load” error popping up.

Even though you couldn’t give Divine Grace purely through the Path of Faith, doing so without it would require extra Divine Power, and using that many resources on a normal frogman felt somewhat…wasteful.

So to more efficiently farm divine energy, Xi Wei decided to use his already existing believers, the players, to act as a halfway point.

As long as the frogmen swore their loyalty to any player, a contract would immediately be formed, the basic point of the contract was that their divine energy will be transferred from the “Aquatic Lord” over to that player’s main deity, the “God of Games”, for safekeeping.

The contract needed agreement from both parties involved, in this case that would be the “Aquatic Lord” and the “God of Games”.

The Divine Order of the Aquatic Lord was currently in Xi Wei’s control, so the contract would take effect immediately.

If it were this easy to gain the divine energy from the believers of other deities, this could lead many to the question of, “Does this mean all I have to do is defeat a small deity and create contracts to gain total control of their divine energy?”

The short answer, no.

This “loophole” was pretty difficult to exploit.

The first and most important factor to Xi Wei’s success was that there wasn’t any previous hostility between the Aquatic Lord and the God of Games, the two stood completely independent from each other in a silent agreement of peace, so the Aquatic Lord didn’t have time to react and retaliate when Xi Wei struck.

Next was the problem of having the frogmen “willingly” pledging their loyalty to Xi Wei’s believers, divine energy wasn’t something you could force out of someone, the true faith of an individual and their willingness to give it to you was of the utmost importance, without it there wouldn’t be any effect.

Lastly, Xi Wei attacked the Aquatic Lord at the perfect moment, right before his divinity’s ascension, if Xi Wei acquired god’s divinity later into that process, his targets may have already gained self-awareness, causing the contract to be unable to form. If he had attacked earlier and the god’s divinity hadn’t ascended to this level, they wouldn’t have been viewed by the contract as a proper “deity”, again rendering the contract useless.

It was under these series of coincidences and Xi Wei’s explicit use of a loophole that he was able to do an under the table job of acquiring divine energy from the frogmen.