spring [ two ]

when i looked up, i was already smiling widely at renjun. he gave me a small smile before sitting down in front of me. he raised his brows at me, so i blinked before looking away. knowing renjun, he probably already knows what's happening.

"so, what are you doing here when you're supposed to be shooting for your album?" renjun asked, and i pouted. "did something happen again?"

i sighed, fiddling with my fingers as i stared at them. actually, something really happened.

"i was nervous. the staff were arguing and i got a bit scared and told my manager that i was going out for a bit." i muttered, trying to push away the tears that were threatening to spill.

although i may come off as friendly and silly, renjun knows this side of me. he knows how sensitive i can actually be, and he always has words to help me feel calmer. i may not voice it out, but i'm just really thankful that renjun is here for me and is my best friend.

"what were they arguing about, then? was it bad?" renjun asked, furrowing his brows. "if you don't mind me asking."

"i... i heard one of the staff saying that it was too early to shoot for the album and that he thinks jyp was spending so much on me when i don't even make that good music," i replied, biting my lower lip. "and then others said that jyp sees something in me that the others couldn't see. i just lost the mood to shoot when i know that there's someone out there who- i'm sorry. i'm babbling, aren't i?"

"hey, hey, it's okay. cheer up, haru. there will always be moments when people are out there trying to bring you down or make you doubt yourself, but you have to keep on going, okay? reach out towards that dream of yours. isn't it your dream to be able to produce music that can connect with people's hearts? calm down for a bit and then go back to shooting. it will be fine, haru. i promise," renjun said, giving me a gentle smile.

i bit my lower lip to try to stop myself from crying, but i already was before i could even stop it. renjun sighed and then stood up from his seat, sitting down next to me and hugging me tight.

"you're really such a crybaby, haru," renjun said, patting my head as he chuckled.

"i'm not. but, t-thanks, i guess. your words always calm me down, you know?" i replied, accepting his handkerchief that he offered me.

"i'm just happy i can help. by the way, your ice cream's melting. might as well eat it before-"

"i don't deserve you," i said, but he just ruffled my hair before shaking his head.

"i have to go now, i've got to buy some stuff. take care, haru, okay? never let others' words bring you down."

after saying those words, i found myself smiling softly as i watched his figure getting further away from me. i really am lucky to have friends like renjun.

"oh, thank god you're back!" my manager said in relief, as i walked back in the set.

she looked so troubled, as if i caused her so much trouble. well, i did, didn't i? i disappeared for almost an hour and a half.

"i'm sorry, i just lost track of time. are we still on?" i replied, and manager nodded.

as some stylists led me back somewhere to retouch my makeup, i smiled to myself. renjun's right. i shouldn't let others' words bring me down.

i am choi haru, and i wanna be the spring to everyone's smiles.