𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗

✦☾⚕☾✦

✦☾⚕☾✦

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━

GENEVIEVE EXITED THE TRAIN, REMUS to her left. The pair had lost Sirius and James in the bustling corridors of the train. Having been told by Remus to leave her bags on the train, Genevieve walked linked with Remus as they headed to the other first years.

There Genevieve was met by an extremely tall man with untamed hair and beard. She didn't find him intimidating though, he seemed nice.

"Alrigh', firs' years! Firs' years o'er here!" He bellowed loudly, scaring some of the children very to him. Genevieve looked to Remus with a beam.

"Scottish." She whispered happily. Remus could tell how happy she was to hear somebody with a similar accent to her.

"Scale of one to ten?" He asked jokingly.

"Eleven." She fired immediately, making him laugh.

"Alrigh', firs' years follow me!" He held a lantern in his hand as he led them all down the platform at Hogsmeade Station.

The pair mainly kept to themselves, speaking between each other and laughing at Genevieve's fascination at the slightest of things, Remus teasing her only slightly.

"D'yer ken how we get to the school?" She asked Remus when the walking started to irritate her.

He smirked. "Getting impatient already?" He joked.

She nodded. "Aye, I'm starvin' an' I wan' fud." She complained.

Remus laughed. "You want what?"

"Fud."

"What?" He laughed again jokingly.

Genevieve laughed, annoyed with herself. "Screw yer. I need food." She emphasised.

"Oh, food." Remus carried on joking, making Genevieve laugh more.

"Yer such an arse." She cried, slapping his arm lightly. They were luckily in the back of the first years, leaving them on their own to tease each other, playfully.

With all their laughter and jokes, neither of them noticed the narrow pathway heading to a lake. Only when, Genevieve tripped over a unearthed root did they realise where they were.

The bearded man instructed them to four to a boat as Remus and Genevieve quickly clambered into one, sitting across from each other.

"I wonder where James and Sirius went?" Remus pondered aloud to Genevieve.

"Nae clue." She shrugged. Though a moment later she did as James and Sirius torpedoed into their boat. "Nae'r min'." She replied, laughing at the stupidity.

"I think we found them Sirius." James spoke up from the floor of the boat.

Sirius nodded, sitting beside Genevieve. "I think we did, James." He chuckled. "Did you miss us?"

Genevieve laughed, pointing to James' uncomfortable position. "We didnae miss tha'." She fired immediately. The boys laughed.

"The sass is real." James replied, imitating a cat claw. "Meow."

Genevieve's grin grew. "Yer've got nae idea."

Their journey on the boat together was spent irritating the others, splashing at them and trying to soak their robes. One boat in particular was being directly aimed at by James and Sirius while Remus and Genevieve splashed the odd speck onto each other.

Genevieve almost cried with laughter when James slipped trying to get a better angle at splashing the boats and almost fell in. This turned his splashing to her momentarily. Remus merely watched all this ordeal happen until he heard a young girl shout at their boat to behave themselves.

A young girl with red hair, similar to Genevieve's, was sat in the boat Sirius and James had been splashing and was currently trying to help a boy dry himself off. Genevieve and James stopped splashing each other at that turning to the girl's voice.

"I didnae do anythin'." Genevieve muttered to the boys. "Tha's yer fault lads." She added, pointing between the two.

James held the most wet part of his robes before pulling a face at the Scot. "Oh no, you had nothing to do with the splashing, did you Genevieve?" He asked rhetorically.

Flicking her hair away dramatically. "Nae, nae one bit." Remus laughed.

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━

Genevieve was mesmerised by the sight of Hogwarts. She knew it would be different than an ordinary Muggle school, but she didn't expect it to be a castle.

The boys watched as her eyes never left the castle, Remus linking her left arm to make sure she didn't fall. James and Sirius stood to her right.

She stuttered, speechlessly as she gaped. "I-- I cannae-- " She breathed out, finally looking away from the castle as the first years kept walking. "I cannae believe it. It's bonnie."

The boys pulled a face at the girl. "Bonnie?" James asked.

She nodded. "Aye, like pretty. It's really pretty, it's bonnie." She tried explaining. "Yer learn eventually." She wafted her hand. "Nae, yer were righ' James, it's amazin'."

James smiled proudly. "Thank you."

She immediately eyed him from the corners. "Dinnae be gettin' cocky laddie, alrigh'?" She warned him. He held his hands in mock surrender as the four continued.

As the first years reached the castle, a slender woman with a pointed hat, dressed in emerald green robes stood at the stairs of the school. She seemed to be waiting for them. She held a stern expression as she glanced her eyes over all of them. Genevieve linked her arm with Remus following the rest of the first years with James and Sirius. They were directed into a corridor where they were sorted into alphabetical order, ready for the Sorting Ceremony.

This was the moment Genevieve realised that her whole life was about to change.

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━

✦☾⚕☾✦