twenty-two

Nora

We hung out for the rest of the day and I headed to the airport as they got ready to drive back to L.A.

I did shows all over and had the time of my life but there were still those nights where I just felt alone. Tonight is one of those nights, tomorrow is my last show and from what I know only my family is coming tomorrow.

I'm still hoping deep down that Tate and Jonah and the boys will show up, especially Daniel but I haven't heard from him in a while and I'm worried he's just going to brush it off.

It's 2:48 a.m. and I can't sleep, I was playing my guitar and singing for a little while but the bitch next to me put in a noise complaint so I stopped.

Instead I'm just laying on my stomach staring out the window at Chicago. I keep wondering where he is, if he's already here, on his way, or staying in L.A.

I laid my head on my arms and thought about how great the past few months have been. Without even realizing it I was humming the song we wrote in San Francisco.

San Francisco. I pulled out my phone and went through our messages to find the video of us he sent me.

I watched it for the first time and I'm not going to lie I cried a little but it was happy. I saw the way he looked at me, the smile he gave me. I really hope he's going to be here for me tomorrow.

Daniel
I was laying in my bed when I saw a notification pop up from Nora.

Are you coming to my last show?

My flight leaves in two and a half hours and I'm awake looking at our old messages. Yes Nora I'm coming but I can't let you know that.

Nora
I set my phone down after he left me on read. I'm so tired of being alone all the time. I think I'm ready for something real with someone, someone that's alone too.

I pulled out my phone and went on Instagram. I soon got tired of it and shuffled a chill playlist I had.

I soon ended up falling asleep and woke up with a fake excitement of the day ahead. I love performing and being able to interact with my fans but I'm really starting to get exhausted.

I thought about a vacation as I was getting ready. I thought about my mom and dad as I was on my way to my first interview of the day. I thought about my brothers while I was out at lunch with some of the backstage people.

I thought about Daniel as I was in my dressing room as the opener was going on.

I hope he's here.

All of a sudden my dad, Aaron and Brandon, and my mom busted through the door and tackled me into a hug.

We talked for a while until it was my time to go on. I ran onstage and the sound of my name being chanted gave me the energy I needed.

I looked around the crowd and saw familiar faces but no Daniel. I sang for hours and cried through the last three songs but finally the show was over.

I went back to my dressing room to see my family, Tate, Jonah, Gabbie, and Jack but no Daniel. I hugged Tate last and she said he was waiting a little down the hallway. I went to see him when I saw delivery people with a cake coming straight to the room.

I made eye contact with him and then the cake people started cheering as they saw me and blocked my way down the hallway. I saw him sit down against the side of the hallway and smiled at me.

I knew he was gonna wait so I went back in the room. I got a piece of cake and talked with my family for a little while. I grabbed a piece for him and headed out to the hallway.

I handed it to him and sat across from him. "The show was amazing." He said and sat the cake down next to him. 

"Nora! Hi we are here with iheartradio can we get a quick interview?" A lady asked as she held a microphone in my face and the camera man behind her was already rolling.

I looked at Daniel and he just smiled at me, "Of course!" I said standing up. Daniel stood up, "I'll be in by everyone else." He said as walked to my dressing room. As he opened the door I heard cheering and music playing.

I smiled and turned back to the reporter, "So that's the end of tour huh?" She smiled and I nodded, "Yea I had the time of my life."

"So I know you're not a huge fan of sharing this stuff but who are you seeing these days?" She said and her voice seemed higher than before.

"Well as of right now I'm single and I think a relationship is a possibility right now but who know." I responded leaving a little mystery.

"So nothing between you and Why Don't We member Daniel Seavey?" She asked sounding like a second grader. "Nope" I said popping the 'p' sound.

We moved on to the topic of new music, what I'll be working on, and finally the scoop on my nights out.

"Everyone is dying to know where are some of the best places to party in L.A.?" She asked and I laughed. "Last time I was in L.A. the only party I attended was my own."

Just then I saw the Seavey family walking down the hallway towards us. I was in the middle of saying goodbye to the interviewer as Anna gave me a hug.

I need names for my next story, this one is going to be done at chapter 25 or 26 and I have ideas for a new story.

I need two soft sounding names that have cute shortened versions.
Sorry but no basic names please....