twenty-four

Nora

I woke up on his chest to him playing with my hair. I looked up at him and in his groggy morning voice I heard "good morning beautiful"

I smiled as I planted a kiss on his lips we both jumped as the door was being pounded on. "Open up! We brought you something!" My eyes widened, it was Brandon.

"What? Who's there?" I asked playing dumb.

"Everyones out here, let me in."

Shit.  I jumped off Daniel and he ran to the closet to hide. It's not that we don't want to be seen with each other but we just want to be able to figure things out first.

I fixed my hair as I walked to the door and opened it for them. "Oh my, everyone's really here." I said standing in the doorway.

"Okay goof let us in." My mom said as she pushed past me walking into my room, she was then followed by everyone else.

I walked all the way back into the room and kicked Daniels hoodie that was on the ground under the bed as a sat on a chair next to Aaron.

"So?" I asked, Brandon looked at me suspiciously but handed me a gift bag anyway. I opened it to find a blank book that I can use to write music and a couple gift cards.

Everyone started having their own conversations and my dad was telling Brandon about something he built for his closet. He was opening the door as he was telling him about the shelving units and pointed up as he turned to be face to face with Daniel.

Brandon grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the closet, earning the attention of everyone in the room. "Nora, why is my son half naked in your closet?" Keri asked and I didn't say anything.

"We're in love!" Daniel yelled and tried to run out the door but Jonah was in the way. I laughed and my mom looked like she'd seen a ghost.

"No way." She said and smiled at me. "I fucking knew it! That's $50 Brandon." She yelled and did a little jump.

"You bet on us?" I asked and almost everyone in the room got money from someone else. "What the hell guys?" Daniel said as he walked over to me. I couldn't help but laugh as I saw their reactions.

"So what is this?" Zach asked and I looked at Daniel, "we have absolutely no idea." He chuckled. "You guys aren't dating?" Anna asked and I felt uncomfortable in a room of all my friends and family half naked and with Daniel hanging on me.

"We don't know." I shrugged as he put his arms around my shoulders from the back and leaned his torso on me.

I smiled and placed my hands on top of his which were on top of my lower stomach. "So you're just gonna do this and say you're not together?" My mom asked.

"we should take a weekend for ourselves." Daniel whispered in my ear. "I you need us we'll be in Miami." I declared and he grabbed his hoodie from under the bed and stuffed it in my suit case, slipped on shoes, and we walked right out.

I could hear them talking amongst themselves as we walked to the elevator. "All the siblings will be there in three days, and me and the boys will be there tomorrow." Tate shouted as she peeked out the door.

We got into the elevator and I bought tickets on my phone as Daniel was grabbing his bags from the room they were in. 

I threw on a pair of his sweatpants and he put a hoodie on and we headed down to get an Uber. As we finally made it to O'Hare airport we ran out of the car to security and got checked as face as possible before dropping our bags off and getting on the plane.

I had to sit a few seats behind him and he were both on the isle so he kept turning around and looking at me. I was sat next to this older man who kept falling asleep on my and he was next to a middle age woman that wouldn't stop lecturing him about a good future, i don't know who had it worse.

I called an upset to take us to my moms house and I immediately ran out to get my board ready. Daniel came out in a pair of swim shorts and started getting the other one ready.

I ran inside and changed into a black bikini before coming back out and heading to the beach.

We surfed until the sun set and then headed back to my moms house. We showered together and I made us dinner. Soon enough it was past midnight and after watching a few movies neither of us were tired.

I turned on some music and I felt his eyes on me as I made myself a drink. "What?" I laughed, "you want one?" I asked.

"Of course I do." He said standing up. He put his arms around my waist and put his head on my shoulder as he watched me pour the liquor.

I handed him one of the glasses and took the other as I did a little dance around the living room. He joined in and we danced and danced until I was finally tired. "I should get a place here." I said quietly, "hell, I made $2.3 million off afraid to be alone, I can afford a small beach house."

He sat up, "What?!" He looked confused at me. "You made two million dollars from one album." He laughed sounding shocked.

"Yea." I smiled, running my fingers through his hair, "What did 8 letters not make two million?" I teased and he laid his head back down on my legs.

"Well I mean it's not a bad idea." He said and I laid back on the couch, still playing with his hair. "You could even move out of your place in L.A. and we could start staying together when you're there."

New story = 🔥🔥🔥