Chapter 16 [Edited]

~~~~
nunc Ianuae Magicae

Ingredients;
1.) 3 freshly plucked feathers from the fever flap.

2.) 12 spider legs.

3.) 4 slugs sliced into 2 inch slivers.

4.) A family of wishing worms cut into inch parts.

5.) A handful of troll scales.

6.) A cup of muggle saliva.

7.) The thorn from a singing sapornia.

8.) A lock of a singing sirens hair.

9.) An ounce of werewolf blood

10.) The crushed pollen of a rouge rose cut on a full moon.

Method;
Heart your cauldron on a roaring flame until heated to 80°C.

Slice the slugs into two inch slivers, pluck 5 feathers of off the fever flap, and take of 12 spider legs. Furthermore, cut the wishing worms into inch parts.

Add the ingredients in order of stated. Heat until liquidised.

Mixing the lock of the singing sirens hair with the muggle saliva, add gradually while stirring clockwise. Keep stirring until the mixture turns a pastel pink.

The thorn should be added at this point, however be aware that it should only be added on the right hand side. Stir 50 times anticlockwise.

Lower the heat to a whispering flame, and let sit until the liquid starts convulsing.

Once the mixture turns a bright yellow, add the troll scales one by one, while stirring in a straight line. (Do you think you can manage that, Dray?)

Proceed to drop in the rose pollen. If potion turns a blood red, and emits no odour, sound or movement, it is correct.

One must also note then the portion should have a silky texture, with no lumps.

WARNING: Add the petals INSTANTLY after the last troll scale otherwise the potion will blow up.
~~~

Draco POV:

Severus was in a foul mood today. However, he doesn't scare me. I had grown up with him, and before The Dark Lord returned, we had been close. Or, at least, as close as we could have been.

I opened my textbook on the correct page and started reading. It was about a potion that transports the person to a different place if ingested. It was made as a defense potion, something to use at a last resort.

However, if brewed wrong, it could have dire consequences. As I was partnered with Weasley, I was worried. Hopefully we don't mess up. Not only will a part of my grade be determined by the accuracy of the potion, our safety is also at risk.

I heard a slight groan emitted from the man on my left, and saw Granger shoot him and Potter worried looks. I don't blame her. It is a dangerous potion to brew if not in understanding of the art of potions.

Blaise also seemed rather nervous. I could tell from the way he was holding himself. Weasley's infamous for his lack of skill in this area of academics, to put it lightly. Along with, of course, Potter. I always have wondered how they have survived so much while being this incapable at potions, and, in all honesty, most subjects.

I suppose they are only alive due to Granger. Even when I had hated her, I always had a grudging respect for her ability to not only put up with Potter and Weasley, but to still be top of the class as well.

However, that is a thought for another day. Right now, I need to focus on making this potion right, and not messing it up.

"You get the ingredients, Weasley. I'll set up our cauldron." I commanded. I truly hope he doesn't make a fuss. I want this practical over and done with, so I can think of a way to apologise to them.

He opened his mouth, ready to complain, before thinking better of it and standing up to collect said ingredients.

I started to heat up the cauldron, and set out the chopping board, knives, spoons, forks and the other apparatus we may need.

Weasley quickly returned with the needed components, and slammed them on the table.

Rolling my eyes, I set to work picking out the ingredients and setting them in order of use. The ones we will need first use, then the ones used last.

I decided to speak to the pouting ginger beside me, "Please chop these worms into inch long parts, and pluck the  feathers off the wing. I'll slice the slugs and take the legs off the spiders. If I do remember correctly, they are not your favoured invertebrates."

Although I am trying to change, I can never stop teasing the Gryffindors. Not even Ginerva. I have grown a liking to her, and consider her a friend. Of course, it helps that Pansy had an obvious attraction towards her. After all, I must get along with my future sister - in - law.

"Whatever, Malfoy." Was Weasley's response. However I could tell he was glad he did not have to touch the slugs, or the spiders.

We chopped, cut, sliced, plucked, squeezed and mushed all the necessary ingredients to begin, along with ones that come in to play in a couple steps. I always liked being prepared.

I stirred the ingredients, and had Weasley prepare the remaining ingredients until then.

Our potion was almost finished, only a couple more ingredients left to finish the liquid.

It was a rather nice shade of yellow. The correct colour. If done correctly, the finished product should be a blood red.

However, I couldn't find it. The crushed pollen of a rose was not on our table. It had to be added right after the troll scales, otherwise the portion would blow up.

"Did you bring the crushed pollen of a rose that was harvested during the full moon?" I questioned Weasley, staying politely inquisitive.

"No. I forgot." Was his genius response.

Rolling my eyes towards the heavens, and saying a quick prayer, I turned to him again.

"I will go get it. Please continue stirring the potion. And adding the scales. "

Rolling his eyes, he took the stirring rod out of my hand, and the scales. I took a couple steps towards the cabinet, before turning to remind him not to add all the scales.

"Don't add all the scales, Weasley. Or it will-" Just as I was speaking I saw him toss the handful of scales in.

"Weasley move, it's going to explode! You shouldn't have added all the scales!" In his defence, he looked slightly scared. As he was taking a step back, I took out my wand to carry a protective spell. However before I could chant the incantation, it exploded all over Weasley and I.

The last thing I saw was Blaise running over, along with Potter and Snape.

Then I slipped into the welcomed unconsciousness.