Chapter 32 [Edited]

Pansy POV:

Closing the door, we waved goodbye to the last of our new friends. Once we did, Draco went straight to the bathroom, to get ready for the night.

We had forgotten just how messed up our lives are, and the news of Dobby's death brought that back. I have a bad feeling about tonight. I hope Draco is going to be able to sleep. Out of all three of us, each and every death we heard of affected him the most. He felt like he was the cause of the deaths. It was torturous. Not only for him but for Blaise and I. We love Draco like he was our brother. And hearing him scream and cry most nights if he slept at all, broke our hearts into so many pieces that we were still picking them up.

Looking over at Blaise, I knew the same thing was going through his mind. In a mutual agreement, we both were ready to sacrifice our sleep for our little brother.

One thing that very few people know, is that Draco is one of the youngest in our circle. In fact, as far as I'm aware, the only people younger than him is Harry and Neville. And of course Ginny and Luna, but they were both in the year below us.

Once Ron found out, he had taken great pleasure in joking about it. "Respect your elders!" He would shout at every small inconvenience Draco would cause. "Watch your mouth, young man." Ron would comment when Draco was being an arse. "Oh, how the little ones grow up. I remember when you barely reached my knees." He would dramatise, wiping a fake tear when he was in the mood to annoy Draco. It was funny.

And every time Draco would get annoyed, and act out. Only to receive a stern 'telling-off' and being told to stand in the corner. He would sometimes play along, stomping to the corner with his arms crossed and a pout playing on his lips, and he would throw himself down in a huff. Draco would be there for about five minutes before Ron would tell him he can leave. I love my makeshift family.

"Do you want to go first or should I?" I was brought out of my musings by Blaise.

"What?" Having missed the previous happenings, I was confused.

"To shower. Do you want to go first or should I?" He supplied.

"You can go. I'll wait." And with that, he went to get showered as well, as Draco had already finished without me realising. In an hour, we were all ready to sleep. We were cuddled up in bed, curling into each other to receive as much comfort and warmth as possible.

In the comfortable silence, I was very quickly lulled into sleep. The next thing I know I'm yanked from my sleep by a scream. Bolting upright, with Blaise copying my movements only mere seconds later, I see Draco screaming and crying. Instantly, Blaise starts to shake him, while I shouted at Draco to wake up. Gasping, he jumps. He blindly fumbles with the covers, trying to get out of them. I throw them off, as I know that he always feels as though he is getting suffocated after a nightmare.

In a minute, he calmed down. He looked terrible. He had tear stains down his cheeks, his face was a raw red colour, and his hair messed up. He was still heaving heavily in an attempt to slow down his heart rate, and he was holding onto Blaise like his life depended on it.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I whispered after a couple of minutes.

"No, not really. Can we leave it? I really just want to forget about it." Draco replied, sounding defeated.

"Ok." I allowed him to forget about it, as he looked more distraught this night than most others. And he was doing so well as well. I will never forgive Lucius. He ruined Draco's childhood, and the scars he left will carry on into Draco's adulthood for years to come. I don't know how long we at there, Draco being cradled by Blaise while I hugged Blaise. It was silent, save for Blaise's occasional quiet soothing voice telling us that it's going to be ok. We were all lost in our own thoughts, but the next thing I know it's the morning and someone is knocking on our door.

"I'll go." I volunteered, quickly getting up.

Opening the door, I see the twins there. They took one look at me and instantly knew what had happened. They walked into the room, and quickly enlarging the bed, joined Draco and Blaise. By this point, I looked at my watch, and seeing that it was eight in the morning, I decided to go get showered. By the time I came back, Draco was ready to go as well. Blaise went in with him since none of us wanted a repeat of fifth year.

Once they were done, we spent the morning in a fairly silent fashion, playing chess or reading. Draco's nightmare brought a sombre mood, reminding us that we can't just forget about our problems.

Eventually, the other Gryffindors and Ravenclaw woke up and joined us. Since Draco never liked people knowing his weaknesses; insecurity of his brought onto him by his father, a fake joy was plastered onto our faces. Unfortunately, it seems that it wasn't realistic enough, as I got quite a couple worrying glances from Ginny.

But I can't tell her. I made a promise to Draco, and I keep my promises.

The day went by fairly uneventful, and by the end of the day, Draco seemed to have forgotten his nightmare and was being his usual sarcastic, annoying self. And I wouldn't change him for the world.

Heyy, I'm sorry this took so long! I know it's a little short, but I'm having major writers block. If anyone has any ideas, could you please write them in the comments? It would really help! Thanks!

Byee ❤️❤️