I need to stop writing these

Knocking.

"Go away!" Spensa called.

"It's time for bed."

"I'm not done, Jorgen." Spensa called back in response.

The door opened, and Spensa paused the simulation and took off her helmet. "What do you want?" She dead-panned.

"It's time for bed, the janitors need to lock up."

"Then have them lock me in here." Spensa hissed.

He sighed and walked over to her. "You've been on the simulation all day, Spensa. It's time to go."

She scowled, but he grabbed her wrist gently, and she hesitantly dropped the helmet into the palm of his other hand. As Jorgen put away the helmet, Spensa turned off the simulation. Spensa went to stand, but she tripped, and landed with her nose an inch from Jorgen. Her breath hitched.

They stared at each other, and her eyes were instinctively drawn to his lips. She'd been working so hard these past couple weeks, and she'd barely spent any time with Jorgen. Spensa drew her attention away from his lips up to his eyes and reached up a hand to trace his jawline.

He smiled at her. That nervous half-smile that he saved for her and her alone.

She leaned in closer, closer, until their lips met. His hands slid up her back, and they stayed like that until she started crying.

Jorgen pulled back, staring at the tears on her face. His eyes flickered with concern. "I'm sorry," she choked. "I- I'm sorry."

She looked away and put a hand over her mouth to stifle the sobs. She wasn't supposed to be like this, she wasn't supposed to cry. She was supposed to be strong, and-

"What's wrong?" Jorgen asked gently, wiping her tears away with his thumb.

"I work so hard, and I still can't help, I'm so bad at this, I'm wrong for this job, what if I turn against my own people like my father did?"

"You won't," he promised. "You won't because you're Spensa, and you're stronger than them."

She just cried, until he wrapped her in a hug, and then she exhaled and tears stopped. "I'm okay." She told him after a moment.

And she was.