Chapter Ten

Later that evening, we were getting all our equipment ready, because we were leaving in just a few minutes, when Stella came up to me. She stood up on her tiptoes and kissed my cheek. "Don't die," she whispered with a smile. I smiled at her, though I really was pretty nervous. "Not planning on it," I replied quietly. "I think you guys would all tear each other to pieces without me."

"Without a doubt," Stella said with a light giggle. I reached over and squeezed her hand. "I love you," I whispered. "Don't forget that." She smiled and kissed me softly. "I won't, I love you too." I gave her one last smile, then slung the bag I was using over my shoulder, and turned to talk to the others who were going to the museum. "Are we ready?" I asked.

"Finally ready to scratch this off my bucket list!" Leo commented. Castor looked at him, slightly horrified. "Actually... same," Alexa said. Castor spun his head and looked at her completely petrified. "What?! A girl can wonder!" she said, crossing her arms. "Let them be, Castor," I said, suppressing a chuckle.

Castor just looked at me, completely stunned. "Not you too!" he pleaded. I snorted a laugh. "I don't have this on my bucket list, but if this fails, I won't exactly live forever, so why not?"

"I'm not letting that happen, Athena... so don't you worry," Leo said, his voice getting slightly cold. Alexa nodded. "Same, we're ready," she said. I took a deep breath. "Then let's go," I said.

...

The moon shone brightly in the inky black sky as we snuck beside a building overlooking the pyramid of glass. Leo, now wearing a beanie, tried to look through a pair of binoculars, but groaned and looked through one of the glasses.

"They got guards around the doors and two in the back--we'll have to take them out and then use that lovely little glass-cutter Castor got me," he said, handing me the binoculars. I looked and saw that he was correct. "I think Alexa and I can handle them," I said, handing the binoculars back to him. "We'll also have to be careful about the security cameras."

"Leave those to me. I may not have both arms, but I can still throw shit," he said with a grin. "Just be careful, Leo," Alexa warned.

Leo stood up, a smirk on his face. "I'm never careful!" he said as he hopped off the building, disappearing into the darkness. I grimaced. "I really hope he doesn't set this whole thing on fire," I muttered.

"Knowing him, he probably would," Alexa said, standing up. We made our way down to where the guards were patrolling, and waited a moment for Leo's signal. Surprise and confusion would be our best bet tactics-wise. Then, a car exploded from someway down the road, and at the same time, we noticed the cameras were being shut down as a black blur sped through the shadows.

"He's... fast," Alexa said in awe. I nodded, though I'd seen him do things like that enough that I wasn't all that astonished. I mostly felt pity for the owner of the car, which was now just pieces of burning debris. "Let's get in there," I hissed to her. "Before they can get their bearings."

Alexa nodded and we ran to the side of the pyramid, taking out a small circular device and putting it onto the glass. She pressed a button and it started to cut into the glass quietly. It made a hole big enough for us all to fit in.

Leo jogged up to us, smirking. "Ladies first," he said smugly. I rolled my eyes and hurried inside, Alexa following close behind and Castor bringing up the rear. We hopped down, and saw the place was full of security lasers.

"Museums really do this?" Castor asked. "You'd be surprised," Leo noted. He took out a mirror and stretched. "Okay, Castor, you keep watch out for whatever's here, girls, you're with me. If you see any cameras, let me know." Castor nodded in reply and disappeared into the shadows. "I know where the orb is," I said, "so I can point you in the right direction."