Chapter Eleven

The next morning, we finally started packing up our belongings into our suitcases, getting ready to check out of the hotel. Leo had quite a bit more than he'd had initially, and getting that through airport customs was not going to be easy. Maybe since two of us had our powers back, we could try and disguise the crazy equipment somehow.

Leo, Stella and I waited out in the hall for Castor, Evadne and Alexa, joking around.

"So, you two have something you wanna tell me?" Leo asked, crossing his arms. Stella looked at me worriedly. I looked away, avoiding eye-contact, though I knew it was useless. He knew already, he just wanted me to say it.

I looked over at Stella. "Yes? No? Maybe so? You don't know?" he asked. Finally, I sighed. "Yeah..." I said slowly. "Stella and I... We've been together for a little while now." Stella nodded, blushing.

Leo smirked. "Don't worry, your secret's safe with me," he said. I sighed with relief. "We just..." I began. "I haven't wanted to tell anyone, because I wanted to be sure about it first. I mean, I was sure... I mean that I wanted to be able to adjust... Er... I don't think this is coming out right..."

"Save it before she breaks up with you for being a dork, Athena," he said with a playful grin. "Trust me, I'm not telling the others. But it's really fucking obvious. Not to mention, the walls are paper-thin... So I heard everything while I was on the couch." My cheeks burned with embarrassment. "Everything?" I asked.

Leo grinned and his voice got deeper. "Everything," he said. Stella blushed hard and hugged my arm. My eyes went wide, and my cheeks flushed an even deeper red. "Now you two just keep being cuties," he said before walking down the hall. Stella and I looked at each other. "That was..." I began slowly. "So creepy," Stella finished. I nodded.

Finally, everyone came out of the room, dragging their baggage behind them. "I'm going to miss you guys so much," Alexa said, hugging me and Stella. "We'll miss you too," I said. "You're like family now."

Alexa hugged Castor and Evadne. "Same here with you guys," she replied. I saw Evadne wipe her eyes with the back of her hand. "Keep in touch, okay?" she said, her voice a little shaky. "Of course I will, Evadne," Alexa said with a smile.

Castor smiled. "Sorry, she really hates goodbyes," he said, though he looked like he found it pretty adorable. Alexa smiled back. "I can tell."

"Hey! I want a goodbye!" Leo shouted from down the hall. Alexa shook her head with a smile. "I have to get back to my family--but I'll see you guys later," she said before walking down the hall. "Wait!" I shouted after her, remembering something she'd said when we'd first met her. "Who sent you to help us?"

Alexa turned and smiled. "Didn't Nicky tell you already?" she asked. I shook my head. "No, he didn't really say anything about it," I replied.

"Then, it's not my place to tell. But," she said, putting a finger up. "I will say... you've got a friend in a very low place helping." She gave us one last smile before walking away. "What does that mean?" Stella muttered. For once, I had no idea, and I shrugged my shoulders helplessly. Then, I turned to Castor. "Where to next?" I asked him.

"Hmm..." he said, looking around. He pointed his finger. "North. Somewhere in England."

"Sick!" Leo called. We all turned and faced him. "Next stop; Fish and Chips Land!" I shook my head and laughed.

A/N: Hey, guys! Thanks so much for sticking around and reading until the end of the second book, if you're still here, lol. It really means a lot, so thank you so much! We'll try to start publishing chapters of the next book in the next few months if we can.