Hurt But Duty Calls (On hold)

Just to let you guys know, since some reader might be confused by what's in the parentheses, whatever is in this "( )" is the relationship status unless said otherwise. In which I will make sure to let you guys know and help understand. Now onto the story! ^^

(Published on May 3,2020 at 9:22pm, updated on July 9, 2021. Change: color of Mel's eyes to red during his confrontation with Arthur)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Leave him be, I know him." A menacing but still partially child-like voice said. It shook Arthur to his core and made him frozen in place out of fear. The figure who emerged from the shadows that he saw, broke his heart into millions of pieces. 'No! It...It can't be, please no...'

It was Meliodas. But not the one he knew and eventually....left behind in a moment of worrying and grief (Elizabeth's fainting and curse activation).

Violet eyes locked with dark, blood red ones intensely. Part of the boy wanted to hug his friend and potential lover so bad and apologize. But he had a veryyy good feeling that it wouldn't end well for him, especially since that fat, old drawf looking thing however over the blond. A tiny weeny pang of jealously surfed through him, nothing more than to kick that old guy away from his 'almost' man.

'First of all, ew ew...you creep. Second, hello?! Who do you think you are, hovering over Mel like that?'

Meliodas cleared his throat to gain back Arthur's attention back to him and the situation. He crossed his arms casually over his chest and glared at the boy. "You should leave. This place isn't for you, that sword isn't for you. Your in my way." Now that got Arthur's blood boiling with anger. "Hear yourself, Mel! Your. Not. Yourself. Besides, you have NO right to say this sword isn't mine. You can clearly see that it is, since it's out of the floor in MY hands. If you think that I would be scared of you and listen, well, I should set you up with someone to talk to. Because your mind is going *does circular motion on the side of his head* coo-coo crazy." He glared right back at Mel, while the latter is fuming at the disrespect and the fact that he had no influence on him now.

Chandler, of course, didn't like that either and glanced at the 'revived' prince. "Your majesty, shall I get rid of this brat for you and end him for good?" The prince closed his eyes for a bit before reopening them, being much calmer now than before. "No..leave him alone. *focuses on Arthur again* Soo, your refusing to leave and claim that I'm mentally unstable? Pfft, don't make me laugh. First of all, I will have to get you out by force and second, the one who's mentally unstable here is poor Estarossa." Zeldris eyes widened at the fact that his brother would say such a thing so easily. If that said man was here right now and heard this..

Arms suddenly appeared around his waist, squeezing him rather tightly. Mel leaned towards his and whispered, "Make the first move. Or will you prove to be just as useless as him and Gel-" Zeldris growled and whirled in his brother's arms, jabbing his finger at the broad chest. "Don't you ever call her useless, I will do as you ask of me but please shut up." He sneered out, getting more angrier as he hears a low chuckle from Meliodas. The latter let him go and at the same time Zeldris zoomed towards Arthur for an attack.

The other three watched for a while and were impressed with the boy keeping up with the commandment of piety. Then after a while, the prince ordered the other two to attack. "Oh you can't be serious!" Arthur complained. This brought a nasty and mean smirk onto Meliodas' face. "Aw, c'mon Arthyboo, if you can handle Zel...you can definitely handle those two. Right? Or are you not worthy of being Camelot's king? Pfft, a kid being king.." he mocked cruelly.

It took forever, but Arthur kept the same energy as before, determined to defeat them once and for all and gain his kingdom back. Suddenly, he started getting the upper hand as the three started getting tired and trampled all over each other. Trying to get their irritated hands on the annoying nuisance.

Whoosh! Drip.....drip....drip...

Arthur grunted in pain as he was stabbed on the leg by nine other than Meliodas himself. The growing anger never left him as he looked hatefully at the person whom he thought was awesome and just..yeah, awesome. "I will never forgive you! Don't think th-that you can get away with this...ow...o-ow." His voice broke as he squeezes his eyes shut, trying to hold back a sob in order to not to give them that satisfaction. That satisfaction of being in pain and despair.

Instead of keeping that smile on his face, it fell and instead, Meliodas had a look of..confusion.