Chapter 22: Well Now I know.

*Ara's POV*

I looked around and all I saw was this cabin.

How did I get here?

I walked inside yelling hello to see if anyone was home but no one was here. There was something oddly familiar about this place tho. The warmth of it is very nostalgic.

I checked the bedrooms, no one was there. I checked the bathrooms, no one was there either. Suddenly I heard a noise coming from.... the basement? I slowly walked over to the basement door. The staircase was dark like every other horror movie that ever exists and here I was being the one stupid girl from every horror movie that walks into the trap.

Well, is this the part where I die? It could be. I walked down the stairs finding the light switch and tuning it on. I yelled hello again but no one answered but before I could leave a familiar face appeared.

"Did you miss me?" They asked as I looked at them with complete fear. It was the face of my captor, the one who caused my endless pain and suffering. The one who tore my mental state to shreds. Yes, him.

That's why the cabin looks familiar, I almost died here.

"No." I answered practically shaking.

"Wanna have some fun?" I frantically shook my head no.

"No not again." I sobbed.

"Yes again." I shook my head running back up the stairs.

"Come back to me Ara!" He yelled running after me. "I wanna tell you my favorite story." That motivated my feet to move even faster. I've heard and lived his favorite story. Never again.

"Ara! Ara! Ara!" I heard a hushed yell calling my name and my eyes flew open. "Hey. It's okay." The person said and I retreated to the other side of my bed.

"Get away from me." I sobbed before realizing who it was.

"Hey it's me." My dad said as reality hit me. I ran into his arms crying. "It's gonna be okay." he held onto me as I cried.

"I fell asleep?" I sobbed.

"Yeah you did but it's okay now. No ones gonna hurt you anymore." I cried harder. I wasn't supposed to fall asleep. I was supposed to avoid sleep. "Skipping out on sleep isn't healthy you know. I know you don't want to, but we have to try something else." I shook my head. "Please, for me." I want to say no but I can't imagine how hard it is for him to see me like this. But I can't say yes, it's not like therapy worked. It's just... I don't know I need time to think about it first.

"Can I think about it?" I asked him sniffling.

"Sure sweetheart. I love you."

"I love you too dad." I somehow fell back to sleep only to wake up the next morning. "Dad?" I asked groggily as I slowly sat up.

"Nope. But you're stuck with me." I looked by my desk to see Ty just sitting there watching me.

"Where's-" he cut me off knowing what I was gonna ask.

"He had to leave." I sighed.

"And you were his reinforcement?" I threw the sheet off of me.

"Well yeah. It technically was my fault."

"No it wasn't Ty. You can't keep blaming yourself for my stupidity or that fact that you weren't there."

"Yes I can-" I cut him off. Walking over to my bathroom.

"No you can't Ty! I made my own choices that led me to this point. I made my bed so let me sleep in it." I scoffed. "The irony of me saying that when I could barely sleep in my bed, let alone at all." I closed the bathroom door to start getting ready for school.