36 Sweet Baby Corn

🎶 Are you even real? : James Blake 🎶
Charlotte:

The crush of fallen leaves under our feet accompanied by the resonating twittering of birds wanting to mate are the only sounds in the small wooded area. We make the birds scatter, Our breath comes out in small pants as we race further into the forest. Laughing as we go at the freedom of the moment.

It has only been about 10 minutes since we left the truck but we've made headway. I can no longer hear the interstate, the sounds of cars lost a few minutes ago. A feeling of complete peace settles over me as I watch the running for of Damien, his long legs pumping at a slower pace, allowing me to keep up.

Strange considering I've never really lived outside of a city before, the experience is new; Exotic. The man next to me heightening the experience of the woods surrounding us in the best way.

"This is my favorite place to be." He stopped running, taking in his surroundings with deep even breathing. His eyes hooded as he took in the green of the forest. Nose inhaling deeply to take in the scents around us. The look of utter peace making his face smooth, serene.

"It feels like home." His eyes closed completely, face turning upward as the sunlight filtered through the tree leaves. The rays hitting his face look ethereal. Dark locks of hair falling back as the sun kisses his skin, glowing with life. Happiness.

I can't tear my gaze away from the gorgeous man in front of me. His arms are out to his sides, palms up as he breathes in the clean air with a small smile playing on his lips, brows relaxed. He looks so at ease.

If I had a camera I would try to capture the moment. The warmth of the sun on his face, the halo of light around him a spotlight in the midst of the old fallen leaves. The pure bliss on his face tangible.

I want to hold it, hold that joy in my hands and relish every bit of it. If I had a camera I don't think any picture could do the scene before me any justice.

I must have made a sound because he opened his eyes and looked at me. Head tilting to the side, questioning. I let out a small laugh, shaking my head slightly while letting out the breath I'd been holding.

Eyes hooding again he advanced towards me. Slowly. Stalking. We're only a few feet apart but the sheer amount of power I feel rippling off of him is immense. I'd never felt this kind of energy before from him. It felt exciting. Knowing that this man can deliver every promise he'll ever make.

The promise he's making now may have me screaming for him. Very soon.

I gulp slightly. Suddenly feeling out of sorts. Nervous about the things we're about to do as never before. I've never had issues with this before so why now? I know He can see inside my head as I can feel inside of his.

This mate bond is something else.

The sheer amount of love and lust emanating from this gorgeous man who stopped moving inches away from me is nearly corporeal. I can feel it hanging in the small amount of space between us. Closing my eyes I reach up, feeling his warm body beneath my fingertips, shuddering with desire under my tentative touch. His abs clenching as I trace my hands upward to cup his face.

Stubble lines his jaw, scratchy, but still soft as I run the pad of my thumb against the strong lines of it. My head tilts to the side, eyes still closed as I feel the sun shine in my face, my smile being returned under my fingers by soft lips.

"Open your eyes Angel." I comply, momentarily blinded by the sun hitting me directly in the eyes. I blink a few times when I hear him gasp.

"What?" Concern dripping out of my words. Still unable to really see. I step forward until I'm enclosed in his arms, looking up at him as he protects me from the sun.