Chapter 11

The sun had completely disappeared and the night covered the sky. "Aren't you going to head inside to celebrate your father's birthday?" Don ask.
"I will," she answered, still looking up at the stars. "They are still catching up with people, so I don't want to get in their way," she added. She then took a zip of the pop and watched the night go by as Don watched her until someone cleared his throat.
"So what are you two doing out here?" Meng said by the glass doors
"Oh, hey Meng," said Don as both of them looked at Meng.
He then walked to them, at the edge of the patio, and shook his friend's hand. "So what's going on here?" He asked.
"Nothing much," she said and got up. "Well, I should leave you, two friends, alone," she said and headed back in.
"Elina, where have you been?" Her mother asked once she was in the room.
"Sorry, I need some air," she said.
"Your father was looking for you," her mother said and Elina followed her.
"Where have you been?" Said her father once they reached him. "We didn't want to start without you," he added.
"Sorry, dad," she apologized.
As they all started singing 'happy birthday' to her father and a birthday cake appeared in front of him before he blew out his candles. Soon, her father made a speech in front of everyone as he thanked everyone for coming and instructed everyone where the food was before closing his speech. As everyone claps their hands together and continues the party.

Once the party was over, Elina and her parents stood by the door and said goodbye to the guests. As maids were cleaning up the party. "Elina, it's pretty late why don't you stay the night?" Her mother said.
"Don't worry, mom," she said, but then someone steps in.
"I can take her home," Meng said.
"Oh, that's so nice of you, Meng," her mother said.
"It's okay, I drove here," she said.
"But you must be tired and it's not safe to drive when you are tired," Meng said.
"That won't be necessary," her father said overprotective.
"I could take her home?" Don asked as he appeared out of nowhere.
Elina looked at both Meng and Don and thought what's happening.
Before her father could speak, her mother said, "Let's Elina decide."
"Umm, I think I'll stay here tonight. Thank you for the offer," she said to Don.