2.

Dedicated to luluglulug Holy_Water_Sprinkled jeshikark Priyashika28for being really cool about this whole thing ❤

Boys and boys

Nikolai never considered himself the protagonist of his own story, because he felt as though he was playing a character in a story that was written for someone else, he felt that he didn't have a story that was interesting enough to take center stage

Nikolai never considered himself the protagonist of his own story, because he felt as though he was playing a character in a story that was written for someone else, he felt that he didn't have a story that was interesting enough to take center stage. Every side character has a character arc in a good storyline, that moment where they outshine everyone else in the story. The moment where the side character reaches his peak potential, Nikolai was sure he would have his character arc because the storyline of whatever play he was in right now was good. Nikolai was a patient person and he had no problem being the side character until he found his own peak moment.

So he thought of himself as more of an angsty emo sibling in a young adult romantic comedy, the type that gets the sibling in trouble but also gets them out of trouble, even though he was neither emo nor angsty, he was utterly content with his life, he didn't have a reason to be sad about, all his life Nikolai never had the chance to long for something, he was used to getting everything he wanted, or maybe he didn't know how it felt to yearn for something, yet.

But Nikolai thought if he was indeed the star of his own show, his character flaw would be that he was attracted to boys. Because boys were dumb, boys were frustrating, boys were emotionally stunted, that was what Nikolai thought and he was very well aware that he was a boy himself. Maybe he was betraying his own gender by holding this judgment but these were all universal facts.

"I am sure Nikolai will rat us out he will not be able to handle it ", The blond boy taunted Nikolai in a condescending tone.

" No, I will not, I am not a kid and I can handle it! ", Nikolai protested.

" Why did you even tell him the plan?", the older blond boy asked completely ignoring the protest of the brown-haired boy.

" Because my mother won't let me go without him and because Nikolai would have a heart attack if we didn't inform him of our detour beforehand... ", Prince Edward, Nikolai's cousin answered his best friend Prince Armie.

The three of them were seated inside one of the numerous parlors in the palace discussing their trip to LA. They were supposedly visiting Edward's roommate from Harvard, but the trip was a cover for the real thing which was going to a music festival.

For any other 18 or 19 year old, it wouldn't be a big deal to go to a music festival but for them, it was something forbidden. Being a member of the royal family came with a lot of implications and duties and not being able to do teenage things was one of those implications. Mingling with the public wasn't something they were allowed to do freely. They were never allowed to go anywhere without their bodyguards and the thing they were planning was going against the rules. By going to the music festival they were rebelling.