Chapter 1 - The Moher's In Wonder land. .High We Are Not

I had just gotten home from school and turned on the Xbox, then I put on Netflix.

I don't even look as I pick the first option to play, ignoring the noise I get my things out of my backpack while my brother walks into the room.

"The principal called Mae, said you punched another kid." Aiden says with a hum as I lay out my homework, I look up at him with a glare.

"That kid tried grabbing my ass after I told him no Ai, what was I supposed to do hm? Let him do it anyways?" I ask him with frustration as I throw my hands up in the air.

He snorts and shakes his head "No, I'm glad you took the direct approach honestly."

Then he sighs and hesitantly states "We need to start packing again Mae. ."

I freeze and look up at him with wide eyes "already?Why?"

"The FBI plans on moving us again."

I interrupt him before he can continue.

My heart beats frantically "what do you mean they're planning on moving us again? Is he close?" I ask worriedly as I start chewing on my fingernails and pacing.

"Yea, they said they spotted him three towns over. They plan to move us tonight."

"He's going to kill us isn't he Ai?" I say as tears prick my eyes but I fight them back.

Show no fear, show no fear, that's what mama always said.

I feel my brother engulf me in a hug and rub my back soothingly "We'll be okay Mae, I won't let him kill us."

"He killed mom" I say as I hold on to my brothers shirt tightly, my face buried in it in worry and pain, remembering how he killed our mother.

"I know Maeve, I won't let him get a hand on you again." Aiden says strongly as he hugs me again.

I sigh as I pull myself together "what if"

He shakes his head vigorously"I won't be leaving you alone anywhere when Dad is trying to find us Mae. Not again, it's like he always knows when I'm away and I just don't understand it."

I swallow thickly and ask hesitantly "do you think he has someone from the inside keeping tabs on us?"

He sighs and begins pacing "maybe, we need to go. Get packing. Something isn't right this time though"

"Do you think it's a trap?" I ask worriedly.

He pauses "maybe. They never specifically said which town he was in, only that it was three towns away and that they'd call again after we leave and give them our location."

"That's stupidly suspicious of them." I muse. "I say we get prepared and if he does show up we shoot him and anyone else that comes with them. ."

Aiden hums looking at me "make sure to have a knife strapped to your leg."

I nod grimly "safest place yeah?"

He snorts "as long as it's not in your pocket."

Playfully I say "Constant Vigilance!" Causing my brother to chuckle before I leave to my room.

After making sure I have good boots on, cargo pants, a knife strap around my thighs and a tank top on I sit back down on the couch doing my homework on top of the coffee table.

Aiden comes back prepared shortly after and sits down beside me "the TVs glitching."

I glance up and frown, how odd. But then I say playfully  "if this was a horror movie I'd be a bit creeped out"