Chapter 5 - Marshmallows and Arguments

Klaus's Mansion

I was still doing my homework while Klaus occasionally explained things to me or told me stories about their lives.

"We're back!" Rebekah says excitedly while carrying in a bag of groceries.

I look up with a smile as I start putting my homework away "Did you find everything okay?"

"Yes, your brother was very useful."

Aiden snorts at Elijah's choice of wording "It's not my fault that you don't go to the grocery store."

"Well, we don't need such things do we?" Rebekah asks with a pout at my brother who winks at her

"Now you do, unless you'd rather us starve?"

"We could always just turn you though couldn't we?" Kol asks him flatly while glaring at my brother.

To break the tension I ask them curiously "Is it weird drinking blood?"

The answers were immediate.

"No"

"No"

"No"

"Yes." Finn says calmly.

"It used to be." Rebekah replies at the same time smoothly.

Aiden sighs and runs his fingers through his hair in frustration"This whole situation makes me think I'm going mad."

I chuckle quietly"Now brother dear, if you're mad then so am I."

He turns and smirks at me "You've always been a bit mad Mae."

I lift my notebook to toss it at him "DONT throw your notebook at me little sister. That's just so VERY rude."

I put the notebook down and pout, crossing my arms with a 'Hmph'. The Mikaelson's watch us amused.

Aiden snorts at me, rolling his eyes, "Didn't you want to roast marshmallows?"

Shooting up from my seat excitedly I shout "YESS" happily. They all chuckle lightly at that.

Grabbing Niklaus by the hand I start tugging on him "come on, up off the couch Mr. we're going to roast Marshmallows."

Klaus smirks at me as he smoothly stands, Kol is watching jealously while Elijah and Finn are watching amused.

Niklaus pats my head "Of course love, I suppose we'll have to try these marshmallows." He responds with a hum.

"Yes!" I say excitedly as I rush towards Kol, who looks to be pouting and tug on his hand with a laugh "up, up Mr. Pouty face."

He chuckles at me then "of course Darling." and he stands up smoothly, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

I release his hand and skip out of his arm towards my brother who's glaring at Kol. My brother smirks down at me while holding Rebekah's hand. "You want to carry the marshmallows don't you?"

"Please?" I ask him sweetly causing the Mikaelson's to smirk in amusement.

Aiden snorts and shakes his head, handing me the bag "Oh sister, what to do with you."

"You love me!" I say as Klaus and Kol walk over towards us.

"Nah, of course not."my brother denies jokingly.

"Liar liar." I say sticking my tongue out.

"You are soo cute!" Kol says happily from beside me as he puts a hand on my shoulder, his hand twitches slightly though as if wanting to pull me close.