Chapter 4 - School, People and Burning Signs n Bridges

Klaus Mansion

We were still sharing a room, Aiden doesn't trust them, not that I blame him. The Mikaelson's sometimes act without thought, though no where near as badly as the Salvatore's.

But then the Salvatore's are IDIOTS. But maybe that's a matter of opinion because sometimes they also get lucky when they should've had their hearts ripped out but whatever.

I need to burn down a bridge and a sign. Maybe Kol would help? He likes to burn things down right?

I slip into the bathroom and put on a pair of skinny jeans, a white tank top and a plaid button up shirt, left unbuttoned of course.

My brother must have gotten up while I was in the bathroom because the bed is empty now. I open the door and bump into Kol.

"Hello Darling." He says while smirking at me, causing me to blush brightly at how close he is to me.

"Hi, uh, why are you um. ."

"Right outside your room?" He asks with a mischievous smirk on his face.

I press my lips into a tight line and nod. He hums and puts his finger to his chin "Well, we go to school together today. I wanted to let you know that you'll be riding with me and I'll be in every one of your classes."

My mouth parts in shock, causing him to smirk wider "Why would you. ."

"Because, we need to keep our little mate protected." Kol says with a smirk as he reaches out and pats my head.

I swat his hand away with a scowl "just because I like to give hugs doesn't make me your mate."

His smirk widens but it also has a more dangerous edge to it, causing me to stand up straighter.

Seeing this he responds flamboyantly "Oh Darling, I'm not going to hurt you. But you are wrong, you're ours. Forever and always as they say."

"I thought that you felt you were never part of that?" I ask suddenly without thinking, not understanding why he'd say it, his eyes turn sharp and his jaw clenches in anger.

So I add quickly "Sorry, it's just in the show it really upset you whenever they used it so I figured you'd want to come up with. ."

His hand comes up quickly and I automatically flinch back closing my eyes, he sighs and with a huff, his rough hands are suddenly gently cupping my face and caressing it.

Suddenly his chest is pressed against my face and his fingers are in my hair, I'm frozen in surprise again, but now because of how gentle he is being.

I take a deep breath, trying to stay calm.

"Now now, don't be afraid of me darling. I won't ever hurt YOU. I know you didn't mean to offend and I had no wish to hit you, your hair just so happens to remind me of flames and I had wished to touch it suddenly."

"Did you break our mate Brother?" I hear Klaus ask with jest.

"No, our mate just seems to be like a scared little mouse at times. I am nearly telling her how I have no wish to harm her."

"Now, why would our mate think you intend to hurt her Kol?" Elijah asks curiously.

"Yes, now that's a curious question. Along with where her brother is." Finn adds.

"He is in Rebekah's room, what they're doing I do not know however." Kol says with a slight chuckle, I feel his chest move as he laughs.

I go to move back but he doesn't let go.