Chapter 10 - Mysterious Figures

Mystic Falls High School

As the week dragged on I felt like I was constantly being watched, at school Kol was by my side throughout the day but, something felt. . Something just felt off, wrong . .

On Monday as I made my way back from the bathroom to the classroom I swear that I saw a horned figure before it disappeared. . . I had to have been seeing things though right?

"Mae" I hear a voice say softly. After a sigh the voice snaps "Maeve."

I blink a few times and then see Kol standing before me with a frown "what's been going on with you Darling? You've been doing this a lot, spacing out and all they nonsense, are you feeling sick?" He asks as he puts his hand on my forehead gently.

"No, I'm fine. I just. . I've been seeing this shadow and . ."

"What darling?"

"I feel like I'm being watched."

"We do get watched at the school" Kol says.

"No, Kol" I say with a sigh as I look around the lunchroom "I . . Never mind, you'll think that I'm crazy." I mutter as I go to leave the lunchroom.

He quickly stands and grabs my arm, stepping close to me and I look down with a frown, his hand reaches up to cup my cheek lovingly "we're all a little crazy Darling, I won't judge you."

"I swear that I saw a horned figure but it just. . . It sounds crazy." I whisper to him.

Kol looks around the lunch room cautiously as he leads me to my locker. "Let's get you home Darling, if someone or something is here we're stronger together."

We both look around worriedly when we finally reach my locker, I open it up and see a letter folded inside of it neatly . .

I open it to find a letter, written in what appears to be blood.

To My Dearest Daughter,

I may not have found your mother, but I have found you. It's past due time for me to make you a New and Improved Daughter Of Coldharbour.

I hope to make you a new, stronger version, being my full daughter already.
If you happen to survive, it'll be. . Magnificent.

— Your Father

Kol quickly grabs the letter from me and reads through it with a frown and then looks at me, "What is a Daughter of Coldharbour?"

"It's from a game, it's not even real" I mutter and sigh "it shouldn't be real" I say as he grabs my arm and pulls me out of the school.

"Let's not assume that something not real darling, you apparently got sucked into a a TV show didn't you?" He says with a huff as he opens the car door and ushers me inside of it quickly.
———————————————————
Kol's Car

"What happens in the ritual?" He demands as he drives down the road quickly"tell me." He says sternly as I start to hyperventilate.

"Maeve, Maeve you need to breathe okay? You need to tell me."

I swallow thickly as my heart beats irradiacitly. "The Daughters of Coldharbour are . . They're raped. . ."

Kol snarls angrily, but I continue "by Molag Bal and if they survive, which very few do, they emerge as a pure-blooded vampire."

Kols jaw flexes "your sick bastard of a father, what's his name?"

"Mom always called him Harris." I mutter as he turns down the road to the mansion. "He always seemed normal. . And it's supposed to be a video game. Maybe it's a scare tactic?"

His jaw tightens again as he pulls into the driveway.
——————————————————
Klaus' Mansion

The moment we arrive Kol pulls me out of the passenger seat and quickly pulls me into the mansion by my arm held very securely in his grip. .

"Brothers, sister, get down here NOW" Kol snarls out viciously.

Insistently they're all in the ballroom, Kol hands the note off to Finn.

Finns eyes frown in thought as he reads it, Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah and Aiden read it from beside him.

"That's dads handwriting." Aiden mutters as he looks at it before glancing at me worriedly.

"The ritual hasn't been used in this world, at least not in a near. . Maybe 10 thousand years? It was only briefly mentioned in Anyas Grimore." Finn states with a frown.

"That's right," Elijah mumbles, "i caught mom talking it over with father and mom had considered it until she found out what the ritual actually entails."

"Are you certain that it's real?" Aiden asks worriedly.

"Yes, but if she's already his daughter then . ."

"I was never . ."

"Do you know if your father lied about his name?" Klaus asks then, his face harsh and stern.

A light chuckle echos across the room then.

"Oh yes, he lied alright." We hear the voice say bitterly from across the shadows.

"Mom?" Me and Aiden ask at the same time.

"Yes, yes dears. I can't be visible at the moment. It seems that me running across the universes hasn't stopped him from planning to take you now that you're of age."

The boys look around quickly and since they don't see anyone they make a protective circle around me and Rebekah.

"Does it ever?" We hear a deep voice ask in amusement. "Besides, Why would it stop me?"

"Because she. ."

"I know she is still my daughter, I know she was born. Aiden is already half daedra but she isn't yet. It's hidden and they could be so powerful." The voice says darkly.

"Then grant it without the ritual you imbecile." Our mothers voice snaps.

"You've always been such a Brilliant witch" the voice mumbles with a growl.

"I didn't know all of you're secrets Bal" my mother says with annoyance.

He hums in response before he appears in the middle of the protective circle looking me over critically and then everyone else, his eyes calculating as they take in his current scales appearance

"perhaps I will grant it to her. . and her mates without my ritual, assuming of course. they can make it through a series of tests then they'll all get an extra blessing or two. !"

and then both parents are gone.

We all needed up snuggled along the cots tonight, Holding hands, tonight Aiden was laying beside me as well, one of his hands clasped around Rebekahs as we snuggled like little kids.

————————————-