25 | Cereal For Dinner

The entire ride home was silent because Nicholas was sleeping. But I could sense the tension. Not only was my Mom mad, but my Dad was fuming. If it were possible to see steam coming from someone's ears, I'd see it. I keep my mouth closed, quietly sobbing.

The sun was barely out as we pulled into our driveway. My Mom stayed silent, unbuckling Nick to throw his sleeping body over her shoulder.

I slowly walked behind my parents, my Dad stopping me as my Mom took Nick to his room.

Hungover, tired, and in a pissy mood, I said, "Dad, it's early, can we not?"

He sarcastically laughed, "You know what's funny? Before the Jansen's moved next door, none of this happened. Now, you're getting arrested, having sex, and doing the opposite of how I raised you. We called Brea to watch Nick while we bailed you out of fucking jail, to find out, Grant was also arrested. How funny is that, Angel?" He breathed out, "What happened?"

I crossed my hands over my chest. "This has nothing to do with them! You're looking for someone to blame because you don't like him. It wasn't even Grant's fault." I matched his tone.

"Are you smoking too?" he asked.

I yelled, "Why do we keep doing this and having the same conversations. Dad, whatever I do, I'm grown, and it's my life. Do you realize how much you're pushing me away? You say so much about Grant, but Mom took a chance on you. What's the difference?"

He ran his hands through his hair, "This has nothing to do with us, and it damn sure doesn't justify your actions. This boy is going to fucking ruin your life."

"You sure about that? Because so far, he's been making it better." I put my foot down. I couldn't take this anymore.

My Mom clenched her jaw, walking into the living room. "Angel, I've been on your side this entire time. But getting arrested? That's an entirely different story. Have you lost your mind?" She spat.

"I know, I made a mistake, okay? All we have been doing is arguing, and it's exhausting. I can't just live my life without my parents yelling at me about everything." I whined, gesturing my eyes between my parents.

My Dad sighed, "We argue because you don't listen. When you live under my roof, you follow my rules. Riley and I want nothing but the best for you, but you're ruining that. I expect so much from you, Angel, because you get everything you want. When I made bad decisions, it was because my parents never gave me attention. What is your excuse?"

"Maybe because you're smothering me," I yelled, crying.

He laughed, "Is that what you call it? I'm trying to stop you from getting your heart broken and pregnant, I-"

My Mom cut him off, "Joey, shut up. That's enough, both of you."

"I don't even know who you are anymore." My Dad dramatically said, "You want to fuck your life up; go ahead."

I rapidly blinked the tears away, wiping my face. "I hate you."

With tears shooting from my face, I went to my room, slamming the door. I heard my parents arguing downstairs, but I crawled into bed and cried in my pillow.

All we've been doing lately is arguing. Now, my parents are screaming at each other because of me. All of this because I happen to like someone. Someone my Dad doesn't approve for no reason.

I need to move out. I can't do this anymore.

I need a few days away from this dumb ass house.

~~

I rapidly blinked, trying to wake up. I have no clue what time it is, but I know I slept most of the day away. The sun shone through the opening in my curtains, blinding me. I slowly opened one eye at a time to adjust to the bright light.