002

SHES GONE

CHAPTER TWO
"Get out of my face"
-
"Alice?"

Laurie stared at her light brown eyes, memorized by the color. He was right, her hair did seem pretty long, her skin was almost as pale as snow and her cheekbones looked a lot more defined.

Alice furrowed her eyebrows a bit before shaking her head. "Excuse me? Do I know you?" She questioned.

"I was going to ask how to get back inside" she said simply before another female ran beside her.

It was Meg, she looked quite stressed and unpleased.

Jo looked at Meg for a moment, realizing how distressed she looked.

"My foot" Meg said, motioning towards her ankle as she winced a little in pain. "I've hurt my ankle" she said, quite ashamed.

Jo sighed softly as she let Meg limp onto her. "How will I get home?" Meg questioned, biting her lower lip.

"I don't see what you can do except grab a carriage or stay here all night" Jo poked the inside of her cheek, knowing that carriages are too expensive for them.

"Carriages are too expensive you know this" Meg said in a disappointing tone.

Laurie kept staring at Alice while the conversation went on. "You could take my carriage, just give me one moment" without giving the chance of the two girls to respond, Laurie just got up and left.

He walked around the place for a couple of moments in hopes to find Alice.

At the brink of losing hope, Laurie managed to hear a familiar laugh, making his head shoot towards the direction only too once again see Alice.

She had a wide smile on her face while talking to a young lad, he had jet black hair and emerald green eyes with freckles on the bridge of his nose.

Laurie bit his lower lip a little, tidying himself up a little before walking towards the two, a confident look on him while he strutted towards the two.

"Allie, long time no see?" Laurie said, smirking a little at the nickname he gave her when they were little.

Alice looked at Laurie with a confused face, scrunching it up a little.

"Yeah, long time no see Mr.Laurence" Alice slightly raised an eyebrow whilst it was now Lauries turn to give her a confused look.

Alice held onto the other males hand as he gave Laurie a dirty look, scanning him from head to toe.

"Who's this may I ask?" Laurie questioned, folding his arms behind his back while poking the inside of his cheek with his tongue.

"This? Oh Mr.Laurence if you must know, this is James, father introduced me to him when we moved away" Alice said with a devilish smirk laying atop of her lips.

"Yes, we were eleven at the time of I do remember, I couldn't keep my eyes off of her" James said, love struck in his eyes as he stared at the woman, giving her a slight kiss on her forehead.

Alice smiled at the kiss, leaning into the kiss a little, now her arms were wrapped around James'.

Laurie looked at the two in slight disgust, his heart felt a small pain, was he jealous? No of course not.

James stared at Alice for a couple of more seconds before opening his mouth to speak.

"I'll give you guys a moment to talk to each other" James spoke, kissing Alice's cheek before walking away.

"Okay what the fuck" Laurie spoke, staring at Alice, who seemed to be unfazed by his vulgar language.

"Whatever do you mean Mr.Laurence?" Alice asked, playing dumb to whatever Laurie is about to say.

"Stop calling me that, you know to either call me Laurie or Teddy" Laurie spoke, unpleased as to how Alice was acting right then and there.

"Well, Mr.Laurence, i don't think that would be very professional or lady like of me, I like the name Mr.Laurence whether you like it or not" she spoke, attitude practically dripping from each and every word she spoke.

Laurie started at Alice in slight disgust, barely even being able to recognize her at this point. "What happened to the Alice Nevins I knew and loved?" He questioned, shaking his head in disbelief.

Alice stayed quiet for a moment, she seemed to be unfazed but by the look in her eyes you could tell that something was up.

"She's gone, Mr.Laurence I do very much apologize but back then the old Alice was far too childish and far to irresponsible" Alice spoke, biting her lower lip, something she would do when she was upset or in deep thought

Alice then took a small breath of air before speaking. "You see, father managed to knock some sense into me, not literally of course. He sat me down onto the dinner table at age ten, and told me everything that i needed to know"

Laurie looked at her in disbelief, he couldn't believe the things that he was hearing.

"What exactly did he tel you?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"I couldn't tell you everything word for word since, it was indeed five years ago, but what I do remember is him telling me that you were a bad influence, which I must quite agree now that I think of it"

Laurie practically had his mouth wide open in shock, this isn't the Alice he knew, this couldn't be, it seemed that the father did something to her.

"Alice what did he do to you" Laurie questioned, at this point he was upset over the fact that her father thought that he was a bad influence.

"What he did to me was knock some sense into me, and helped me realize what I needed to do" Alice responded politely.

"He even introduced to James, a much more sophisticated male, who also treated me a lot better then you would've ever had. James showed me the ways of being a better woman, while at the same time treated me like a queen" Alice smiled at even the thought of James, making Laurie sick to the stomach.

"Alice please, this isn't you, I know this isn't you" Laurie begged, he wouldn't give up, this was his childhood best friend, he still wanted to be apart of her life.

"You don't know anything about me, now please do me a favor and, get out of my face" Alice spoke, scrunching her face up a little.

As she was about to leave, Laurie grabbed onto her wrist to prevent her from moving.

"Alice, come on, I'm your best friend please" Laurie once more begged, he just wanted his best friend to come back to him and tell him all of her journey she experienced during these seven years.

"Mr.Laurence I'll ask you politely this time, please leave me be. Don't you have that.. Miss March woman to dance with? I saw you two dancing earlier I'm sure that she's waiting for you" Alice spoke, she almost seemed to be kind of jealous when she spoke about Jo.

Laurie looked at Alice, he stared at her for a moment, his eyes scanning her gown then her face, biting the inside of his cheek.

"Fine" Laurie spoke, shaking his head while letting go of Alice, and walking back to Jo and Meg to help them with the whole carriage.