004

CHAPTER FOUR

SHES GONE
"Give me five days to change your mind"
[EDITED]
-
Laurie was currently having private tutor sessions with Mr.Brooke. He seemed to be everywhere but where he needed to be.

Mr.Brooke seemed to have been getting tired because of the way that Laurie was acting, so he let out a long breathe of air, closing his eyes and opening them back up before speaking.

"Sit down, sit down, Laurie. Latin is a privilege. Please you have to learn this. I can not afford to lose this position. Just return to Cicero" Mr.Brooke spoke, shaking his head as he tried to grab Laurie's attention.

But alas, Laurie was still not paying attention to his tutor, instead he kept staring out the window.

"There's a girl out there" Laurie said in shock, getting up from his seat to walk over towards the window.

Mr.Brooke let out a long breathe of air, shaking his head once more. "No, there is not"

As Mr.Brooke was speaking, he saw Alice running out of her house, running over towards the girl with what seemed like to be supplies to help the poor female.

"Yes! Mr.Brooke, theres a girl! Alice is even trying to help her!" He yelled, opening up the window.

"Alice? Who's al—" before he could finish, Laurie started to talk to the two girls.

"Hello there! Are you hurt?" Laurie questioned, seeing how Alice flared at him before she kept trying to help her.

"If you had two eyes to see then you could probably tell that her hand is injured" Alice said, irritated a bit.

The girl just simply stared at Alice for a moment, shaking her head, sniffling a little as she spoke.

"I'm Amy" she yelled.

"Hello Amy, I'm Laurie!" Laurie spoke, a small smile on his face, then looking back at Alice, his smile fading a bit but tried his best to look as if he was happy.

"I know, you brought my sister back from the dance—I would've never sprained my ankle, I have lovely small feet. Best in my family" Amy said, obviously trying to impress Laurie, which only made Alice scrunch her nose up a bit.

"But I cannot ever go back home again, I'm in such trouble. Look" Amy said, snatching her hand out of Alice's, almost smacking her in the face.

"Mr.Davis hit me" Amy said, frown on her face whilst Alice getting almost fed up with the woman.

"Well then come inside" Laurie spoke, as Alice was about to walk back home, Laurie quickly held onto her wrist.

"We must really stop doing this" he said, chuckling softly to himself since this was the second time he's had to prevent her from leaving.

Mr.Brooke allowed Amy inside so that Laurie could talk to Alice.

"Alice please, let's talk" Laurie begged, Alice biting onto her lower lip as she snatched her hand away from him, looking around as if to make sure that no one was looking.

"Fine" she spoke, scrunching her nose up, a little habit of when she would be uncomfortable.

"I miss you, I miss all those times we had together, didn't they mean anything to you?" He questioned, holding onto her hand with his two hands.

Alice looked down, biting the inside of her cheek, slowly nodding her head up and down.

She swallowed her pride, her head up and high in the air before speaking.

"No, those moments meant nothing to me. Absolutely nothing, if I'm being quite honest the only reason why I even hung out with you is because I felt bad"

Turning around, Alice had her back facing towards Laurie, not being able to see the facial expressions he gave her or else she would just grow to be even more angry at him.

He knew this wasn't her, he knew that she was just feeding him lies, he just had no clue as to why she would do such things.

"Allie, listen to me—"

"No Mr.Laurence, listen to me. I would advise you to stop talking to me, and to stop trying to come back into my life, it was much better without you in it" Alice spoke, her back still facing the male, shaking her head a little.

"Alice" Laurie spoke in a serious matter of tone, grabbing onto her shoulders and forcing her to turn around.

"Look at me in the eyes and tell me that all our memories together meant absolutely nothing to you" he said, grabbing onto her cheeks, forcing her to make eye contact.

"Those moments we had together meant nothing to me Mr.Laurence, absolutely nothing. I'm perfectly happy without you and I'm sure that I'll always be happy without you. I have James by my side now. I don't need you" she spat, venom practically dripping from each and every word she had spoken.

Laurie couldn't believe the things that he heard from her, everything seemed to be unreal to him. He refused to believe that this is the new Alice.

Laurie stared at the females eyes for a moment, biting his lower lip a little before speaking.

"Five days" is all he said, making Alice furrow her eyebrows.

"What?" She questioned, tilting her head to the side.

"Give me five days to change your mind, please Alice" he begged.

"What? Are you mad?" She asked, shaking her head as she folded her arms in front of her chest.

"Please Alice, I promise you if you still have the same mindset as you do right now, then I'll leave you alone forever" he said, desperate to get his best friend back into his life.

Alice only sighed, closing her eyes to try and think, debating on whether or not this was worth it.

"Five days, and that's it" Alice spoke, shaking her head, not being able to believe and comprehend as to what she had just agreed to.

Laurie only smiled, picking the female up by her waist and giving her a tight hug.

"Mr.Laurence! Put me down!" Alice yelled.