Marriage

After the villagers left silence filled the hall. Aman ordered bodyguards to secure the villa outside.
All stayed silent to compose themselves and to let the happening sink in. Arnav was the first one to come out of trance. He walked towards nani bends down to support her to get up. He helped her to walk to the couch and make her sit over there, ordered ritu to bring water for her.
Ritu came with water and made nani drink it. Then moves towards khushi supporting her by shoulder brings her to couch as well. And made her sit beside nani.
Aman came forward and stood beside arnav, silently offering his support.

Knowing that no one is in position to talk Aman decided to take hold of situation.
Aman: I understand that whatever happened today is beyond everyone's imagination, no one planned for it. It's all fate's play. We should sleep over this issue and take about it in morning. It will be better.
Nani g, Khushi g please go and take rest. We'll talk in morning.
Then he gestures ritu to go along with them.
Once khushi and nani left the place. Aman turned towards arnav "ASR you too take rest. We'll see what could be done about this tomorrow."
Without answering arnav left for his room.
That night no one could sleep even a wink. On one side arnav was thinking about family's reaction, and how to break this news to them. While on other side khushi was too numb to think anything straight she was simply staring at fan laying on bed without even blinking. She was sure that arnav will leave her, because one she wasn't compatible of being his wife. Secondly, they have class differences. Thirdly, he is a graduate from Harvard and a owns an empire, while she is just a college student plus an orphan.
She was giving each and every reason to make herself ready for rejection. She wanted to make herself ready so that she doesn't break down in front of him.

In this whole world only aman can predict arnavs mind to some extent. According to aman, arnav is not the one who back out from their duties. He was sure that sooner or later he will accept this relationship. Leaving khushi was not even an option.
So like a good dutiful friend he is, he started preparing for tomorrow.
Thinking something he called bikram, AR's one of head designer.
Bikram: hello sir.
Aman : hello bikram. Do You have AR's bridal collection catalogs with you right now?
Bikram : yes sir I have.
Aman : good send it to me right away and get ready with two of your trusted people. I want you to do something for me but keep it as a secret. Understood.
Bikram :yes sir. Me and my team will be there in half an hour.
Aman :good, be assured you will be awarded for your dedication.
With this he cuts the call and within 5 minutes he received the catalog. Who knew arnavs choice better than aman. He chose a red color lehenga because red is arnavs favorite color.
His next task was to get khushi's measurements. For that he took ritu's help. Ritu gladly helped him, taking khushi's shirt which she put for drying in courtyard,, she took measurements and provided them to Aman.
Aman: thanks for your help.
Ritu: any time sir.
Saying this she left.

Aman quickly sent the pic of choosen lehenga along with measurements to bikram to do alterations.

Nex he ordered matching gold set, bangles mangalsutra and a pair of rings.
Aman thinks while sighing "what all I have to do for you ASR. There you must be sleeping selling all your horses and here I'm working my ass off preparing for your wedding. Will make you do same for my wedding. Poor me."
Once done with preps aman went to sleep.

Next morning
After taking shower khushi got ready in a yellow choli. Looking in mirror she saw sindoor shining in her partition, which she did not dare to wipe last night. contemplating for some time, she decided to let it be there till arnav orders her to do the otherwise. Getting ready she goes to kitchen, she can't ignore her duties. if not as wife she has to do as caretakers grand daughter. Once in kitchen, she quickly prepares for breakfast. And she was done with it.

After some time she saw arnav coming down stairs, calling ritu. Ordering her to gather everyone in hall. Her breathing quickened knowing that it's time for his decision.
Gathering enough courage, breathing in and out and praying. She left for hall.

Something changed inside arnav, seeing her still wearing his martial signs. He knew that she respects traditions but now seeing her doing the same is different. Clearing his throat to get everyone's attention, he addresses nani.
Arnav :this should be done by my parents but as they are not here, I'm asking khushi's hand in marriage for myself.

Hearing arnav, Khushi's head shot up. She was expecting anything but this.
Arnav continues: I know I should have contacted with my family and inform them about my marriage but after thinking about it whole I decided to not to do so, for now our priority should be to handle villagers. The are expecting us to marry properly today. So first let's get over with this.
I'm doing this because I m not sure how my family will react, they might oppose us and their opposition will create hurdles in today's marriage.

Nani remained silent for some time then looking at arnav she replied
Nani : your father helped us in our bad times when even our relatives left us. I never thought I ll disrespect him like this. Making my daughter marry his son on his back. I feel like I am cheating him, back stabbing him. I don't know what to say. I wish you haven't asked feel me this.
Tears started rolling down her eyes, showing her inner battle.
Arnav : nani g please don't make it feel so cheap. You don't have any choice, do you?
Aman : We do not have control over some situations they are destined to happen and they will happen at any cost, no matter how much we try to stop it so it's better we accept it and try to make best out of it.
Arnav has taken a step head, you should support him. Give your consent and bless them please.

Arnav silently thanked aman for his presence and support in this time.
Aman coaxes nani further : come on nani g, say yes. Trust ur deity and Pray for them to have a blessed life.

Looking down nani nodded not having any other choice but doing so she felt at peace. The thought that she had handed her daughter to the son of most amazing person was enough to lessen her worry.

Seeing nani's nod aman exclaimed :great now lets start with wedding preps. Nani g smile please your only grand daughter is getting married.

Arnav walks towards khushi and calls her :khushi
Seeing him infront of her khushi looked down.
Arnav :I hope you don't have any issues with this marriage. You must have dreamt of a big wedding and this one is not even near to your imagination. But still I want to hear your consent.
Everyone's concentration was on khushi but Khushi was busy looking at floor as if its eighth wonder of world. After lots of coaxing and promoting from both aman and nani khushi slowly nodded her head in approval. Seeing her nod aman shouts in excitement, making every one turn towards him. To cover his embarrasment he laughes a little and says
Aman : come on my best friend is getting married, this much excitement is must. I almost resigned to fate that I'll never see him getting married. So its natural, you know.
Arnav : OK enough aman.
Aman: khushi bhabhi, ASR I hope you'll like my gift. I ll get them.
And he ran out of house towards his car, from where he took out three thals, handling two thals to bodyguards and carrying one himself, he ran inside again ordering the other two to follow him. Reaching hall he asks them to keep thals at center table and does the same.
Arnav :aman what's all this??
Aman :these are your wedding dresses and jewelry for bhabhi and other things. I hope you both like them, in hurry I could only manage this. Come bhabi see your dress.
Seeing Khushi hesitating he showed lehenga to all himself. Everyone was awestruck seeing its beauty.
Aman : did you like it bhabi.
Khushi : slowly she nods her head saying i loved it, its beautiful. Thank you.
Aman :ok then lets have breakfast first, then Khushi bhabi will have to leave for salon to get ready. Booking is already done.
Everyone was pleased with Aman's preparation. After taking breakfast khushi went to salon to get ready. While others were busy in looking after other things.
Though everyone tried to sound normal but in actual they were going under a huge turmoil. It's not easy to accept someone in your life so suddenly. Only time can make them come out of it.