Chapter 2

"Oh please, Ivy baby! Don't ignore us!" my mother pleaded as she kept on slamming through my door. With my nose sticking to a book (with pictures of course), I silently ignored my mother.

So why was I ignoring my mother? The answer was simple.

"Ivy baby, listen to me please. Its an emergency!" my mother reasoned out once again, that was enough to make me shut the book away. Placing it to my study table, sighing as I opened my door wide and open. Raising an eyebrow and saying nothing at all.

She simple smiled at me in relief, about to open her mouth again. I was ready to conclude the choices of what she was going to reason out with me like the usual.

Oh, Ivy baby, its an emergency and they need us!

Ivy my little sweet baby, we promised that we will come back as soon as possible.

Ivy, it's important.

Baby, don't be so childish and be reasonable!

Ivery, please?  "Ivery, please?" called it.

A few days have passed since both of my parents had finally decided to come home. Exhausted as usual nothing have changed since then. Seeing them always coming home for days, weeks, or months tired was a never pleasing sight for me to see. I hated seeing them do this just for my sake.

Again, the feeling was always there. Having my parents and I drifted apart, forgetting something important for the sake of this family they have to work for with. Even if it does pain me, I would do my best to understand them no matter what. But sometimes, they would cross the line too much. And that angers me.

"No momma, I talked to you about this for like the millionth time now. Its the weekend. And you guys don't work on weekends." I squabbled, harshly exhaling and massaging the bridge of my nose.

It was an early Saturday morning, I was motivated enough to do tasks and have fun since my parents were home. I thought we could have spent our time together- but of course it would get completely crashed by a truck by the time I saw both of my parents preparing for work. That quickly made me drain away my motivation out, and ended up disrespectfully shouting at them saying its Saturday. That of course, made my parents worried as they quickly followed me to my room which I quickly shut myself in.

"Ivery, it can't be helped. Our schedules are all tight for a while. And since its the Salvadore's oldest son's birthday soon. They..." my father trailed off sighing deeply.

"They of course wanted things splendid." he sounded as if he didn't also want to be part of this yet forced to do so.

"Papa that doesn't concern you. So does you momma." I protested back, having the feeling that a frown is soon to form in my face. Trying to make another set of excuses for them not to leave was basically a thing I've normally done for the past years. So in times like this, I would always be at my desperate times to win their trust once more. But of course, not always will this silly attempts of mine will work.

"Oh honey, we're sorry. But we have no choice.." My mother sadly answered, caressing my cheek before kissing my forehead.

"You guys always have a choice...you're humans..not machines. And also my parents. A child needs their parents to y' know." I frowned, looking down to my feet in my dismayed by their answer.

And of course as usual, they would always win in arguments we always end up with. Leaving me alone in the house again, waiting and waiting and waiting.

I sighed. Turning back and entering my room, closing the door gently as possible.

Losing energy, I sighed once more. My legs became as limp as noodles, my face squashed on the floor- probably waiting for myself to start crying dramatically.