Chapter 5

Tik tok tik tok.

The clock was louder than it usually was. The loud silence was killing my ears too much. Papers rustling here and there, small chatters and whispering from random seats and the loud clock and thumping of my heart clashing as it threw a fit of unpleasant loudness ringing in me.

High school wasn't the very place that shines throughout my life as a student. I may have a gorilla in my side acting like my guidance counselor, a cheery and hype cheerleader, and a video game addict. I never really showed anything to shine the most within those times of my life. I learn I study, I read, I worry and repeat- nothing else more. They said high school is the year you have fun and learn with experience. But it isn't always the case for some students in high school. Not all had their fun, not all are being treated fair or right, of course, this is a high school. You can easily define what you think it is and what you see from it.

As I could remember, I've counted the days until it was time for my graduation. Ready to leave without a care of what will happen next was something I can't bear handling with but must have to.

But then again, one thing was always keeping my normal worried self back in time when both the clock and my heart we're clashing silently in my head at a class with no familiar faces to speak with.

"We'll talk about this later. Alone."

The simple yet grim words spouting out of the skinny gorilla's mouth terrified me. As if all of my colors we're draining away from me out of cowardness and fear that terrible gorilla is being fed with.

Yet again, I'll always know the result of this neverending argument of ours.

All class we're finally dismissed. Atasha silently made her way to her cheerleading practice, Iana was invited to go to the arcade with her other friends and Jerome and I were in the school rooftop, alone.

Jerome was silently chill, leaning cooly in the fence behind him as he stared blankly at me where I could barely hold my posture properly as I stood clearly next to the door. Quickly averting my eyes from the he-devil I quivered, silently praying for myself to survive this time again. Hopefully.

"Ivery." Jerome started off, his grim and harsh tone was something I can perfectly describe that he was more than a mad gorilla again.

I gulped and answered shortly. "Yes?"

"Atasha got the same problem as yours but did she became dramatic and complain bout it?"

"No..she did not."

"Iana was clearly disappointed if you didn't notice. We're graduating and you're still complaining worse than a child. We are being disappointed, we're fed up with your attitude. Grow up, Ivery. Grow up." Jerome harshly spoke the truth out of my senses. He didn't move nor come forward at me at all. He continued to stare blankly at me while his mouth ran harsh.

Tears overflowing my eyes, making it hard for me to look at Jerome properly as the teary water covered my sight that I refused to shed kept bugging me. He sneered, making me quickly look away to have a quick wipe out the teary tears away from my eyes. I cleared my throat, ready to speak when there are no words to spill. "I-"

"Don't you dare apologize." He cut off, growling angrily.

I coughed, "I-I wasn't going to apologize." I stuttered yet managed enough to pull it together.

"I was going to say that I'll do it."

With the sound of my heart thumping loud and clear begging for what was happening o end quickly in there I stood still far from the uncertain emotion Jerome was displaying. Both stood still as silence was the only response both of us gave to each other. End it. Finish it. Quickly make an excuse and leave. Look back and leave. The same repeated cowardly excuses backfired in my head that I kept refusing to accept. This is what Jerome was testing. His blank stare that slowly sparked fire intensely in mine was uncomfortably awkward to say yet it was trying to gesture a message out of it.