Chapter 4

In just a few weeks. I'll graduate from high school, meaning I'll have to leave the good and bad memories I had throughout the years of my learning, leaving certain places of the school I loved hanging out on, leaving my teachers behind and even my friends for the sake of moving forward to the reality I must face on. A new challenge, a new set of obstacles, another pile of problems they all said. In just a few weeks, I'll have to make a choice for a better future. Something that I'm not quite prepared of yet.

The weekends had passed in a quick swift of time and everything was back to what it's normally like on my daily basis. Waking up an hour early before the intended time I set on my alarm, using half of the hour of doing stuff I had forgotten to do on my short break, and giving myself the remaining time to so simple stretchings that at least would help me keep myself in shape and motivated. And again, they were gone out to work. It's either them coming back home late later or staying over at the Salvadore's guesthouse that I simply admired for its cleanliness and the fresh smell of lavender.

I sighed, looking at my bedridden self at the bathroom mirror. "This is normal," I told myself, trying not to be as sarcastic as it was already sounding to be like.

"Very very normal..." My voice drifted away as I took a toothbrush and a toothpaste out.

Ring ring...

I silently waited, leaning my back outside the door of my house. With my head glued at the house next door.

Ring ring...

It continued to ring as I was losing my patience quite easily. And finally- as if the God from above have heard my prayer. The call was finally answered.

"Give me about a ten." My neighborhood friend and classmate Jerome answered throatily. Hearing the faint fall of him out from his bed before ending the call. I simply hummed, relaxing my back to the door with my other hand holding tightly to the strap of my bag.

Like what he promised, he burst out of the door looking rushed and tired. Without bothering to comb his messy bed hair and wrinkled polo- I cringed. Gesturing my hand for him to go closer, I gave him a handful of good smacks in the back. "You should have made it more than ten. You look like some teen being chased for days." I murmured, fixing his clothing and bed hair. Rolling if eyes, shaking off its head and a smile misplaced in a wrong change of attitude was always his response to what we would always nag him about.

I glared at him, frowning in displease of h attitude showing up too early.

"Right, sorry. Anyways good morning to you by the way, Ivery." He quickly changed his rather gruff tone to something still dry yet softer. He was practically good at making a bad cloud disappear in just a matter of time.

"Well good morning to you too, Jerome," I replied, uncertain on my tone if I was being serious or not. "I see you stayed up until three A.M for playing video games."

"Not three- but five actually." He proudly corrected his bad routine.

I was ready to scold him again which he quickly actioned by covering my mouth with his hands. He laughingly shushed me, giving me quite an apologetic look despite knowing the fact he would stay up late again and forget that this moment had ever existed in his mind. Giving up, I raised my hands to surrender. Saying something that left me muffled due to his hands.

"Ah right- sorry-" I then took his hands away, not so surprised he had understood what I said even if it was muffled.

"Geesh..the word 'change' isn't drilling a hole in your system yet?"

"Nope. Not a chance."

"Well aren't you worse than me."

"Ivery, I can pinpoint what makes me and my life worse than you. Do you want to start this argument again?"