#minhee: [2:00 am]

[2:00 am]

no matter how much you squeezed your eyes shut, twisted and turned to find a comfortable position, or counted the sheeps in your head, none of the methods were working for you to fall asleep

no matter how much you squeezed your eyes shut, twisted and turned to find a comfortable position, or counted the sheeps in your head, none of the methods were working for you to fall asleep. you were the type of person who can sleep anytime and anywhere, so for you to experience a situation like this is out of the ordinary.

you thought of what more ways you could do to help yourself sleep, when all of a sudden, you felt your phone vibrate indicating that you received a notification. when you turned it on and saw that the said notification was from twitter, you immediately clicked on it and got greeted by a photoset of your idol boyfriend, minhee. it was a miracle that he updated on twitter today instead of their fancafe.

although you were happy for his fans, you frowned as you realized what time it was already. without thinking clearly, you hastily looked for his number in your contacts to call him.

"minhee!" you pouted. your boyfriend may not be able to see you right now, but anyone could tell from your tone alone that you were pouting. "why are you still awake?"

"i was about to sleep until you called." he chuckled.

oh, right. you mentally facepalmed yourself. it was obvious earlier that you weren't thinking straight when you called him.

before you could utter an apology, he spoke again.

"don't be sorry though, i was just kidding." he said, amused for some reason. "i'm glad that you called."

"what's with you? why do you seem amused?" you replied, pointing an accusing finger in thin air. clearly, you had a habit of making facial expressions and doing hand motions when you're in a call with someone despite the fact that the one you're doing all those actions for can't see you. 

"you're just cute is all." you blushed at that. "it's just funny to me how you were about to scold me because i wasn't asleep yet, but look at you. you yourself is still wide awake."

"it's weird, right?" you agreed. minhee knows that you fall asleep easily, so he might be just as weirded out as you are. "i've tried of a million ways to get myself to transfer to dreamland but none of them worked."

"should i sing you a song—" without any hesitance, you immediately let out an ethusiastic yes. even though minhee is already an idol, he still gets shy when he has to sing on the spot so of course you had to take advantage of this opportunity. "i— okay."

"when i fall,

you who held my hand, you who was with me

even when the moonlight is dull,

you lit up that night, you lit me up"

you immediately recognized the song. it was star by cravity.

"you're a star, that star

the star that protected and led me

you're my star"

the lyrics never fail to fill your stomach with butterflies, and with minhee's voice to pair it up, your body suddenly felt as light as a feather. the only thing that you could feel was heavy was your eyes.

"you're a star, that star

if only you are by me

it will be that star"

at this point, you were so ready to hit the hay that the line that separated dream and reality became blurry. it seemed like as if minhee singing to you was only a lucid dream. 

"i think i know the reason why i was having a hard time sleeping earlier," you mumbled.

"i may have missed you a little too much." and with that, the last thing you heard was a hearty laugh from the other end of the call before you finally fell asleep.