#allen: 15

15

requested by: @neathepotato
requested prompt: adopting a pet with allen

ever since march 15, 2020, the number 15 has become a special number to you

ever since march 15, 2020, the number 15 has become a special number to you. after all, it was the date that marked the beginning of the blossoming love between you and your first boyfriend, allen.

many things have happened since then, and you experienced the first of many things that came with being in a relationship. you suddenly remembered the first time allen did the actions that made you melt: the first time he planted a soft kiss on your forehead, the first time he cuddled up against you in his living room couch, the first time he intertwined his fingers with yours, and many more. even though that was months ago, you can still recall it as if those things happened only yesterday.

fast forward to today and it's now your 2nd monthsary. you were the one who planned out your 1st monthsary with allen, so he decided that he'd be the one to lead the celebration this time.

right now, you're just waiting for him to show up. he told you that you'd meet at some building you weren't familiar with and gave you a very specific instruction: to sit at the bench in front of a pet shop. since he seemed to know the landscape of the place, you pondered whether he's been here before.

"(y/n)!" when you heard a familiar voice call out to you, you immediately shot up on your seat. as expected, it was allen, and he gave you a big bear hug as a greeting.

"so what are we doing today?" you asked excitedly, still in his embrace.

"before we start, i'd like to ask you something." he answered, and finally let you go from his arms. "what animal do i remind you of?"

you laughed at the ridiculous question, but still thought of an answer seriously. you studied his physical appearance for a moment before deciding on 2 animals.

"penguin!" you exclaimed. "if not, an otter!"

"eh?" it was clear in his reaction that he didn't expect your answers at all. in his mind, he probably thought that you'd pick a common house animal, like a cat or a dog.

what should i do now? allen scratched his nape, zoning out as he stared at the pet shop. i'm pretty sure we won't be able to find a penguin or an otter in there.

"but sometimes, when you eat," you continued. "you look like a cute little hamster."

and that's when allen snapped back to reality, and looked at you with twinkling eyes. thank god you thought of many options, or else he would've went to some aquarium already to kidnap the sea animals you mentioned earlier.

"a hamster, huh?" he clicked his tongue. "if you asked me the same question, i'd actually say you resemble a hamster too."

before you could even open your mouth to reply, he has already held your hand and hastily dragged you to the pet shop in front of you. from this alone, you could already tell what he had planned out for today.

you were about to tease your boyfriend on where he got the cute idea from, but when you saw all the cute animals that looked at you with curious eyes, your attention suddenly shifted to them. you let go of allen's hand and immediately went to the hamster section, where hamsters in all shapes and sizes were chilling.

"allen, look!" you screeched, your eyes never leaving on the fluffy white hamster that reminded you of the man that you called out to. this hamster really resembled allen, from the chubby cheeks down to the milky white skin.

once your boyfriend went near you, you looked back at the glass cage where all the hamsters were gathered. you pointed at the hamster that you were talking about, and he giggled once he saw it — but his giggles turned into fits of laughter when he noticed that the said animal was getting cozy with a rather cute hamster.

"it's you and me in hamster form." you couldn't help but agree.

"then are we buying them?" you carefully asked, and your boyfriend enthusiastically nodded his head at you.

"i'm naming the white one as sibo*," even though it has only been a few minutes and you haven't even gotten well acquainted with the hamsters yet, you already thought of a name for the one that you've been laying your eyes on ever since you entered the pet shop. "i'm naming it after my favorite number."

"then i guess i'm going to name the other one as
(y/n)," he nonchalantly said. "i'm naming it after my favorite person."

*sibo is fifteen in korean