FIVE

EDITED

"You can't tell JJ." I glared at John b. He glared back. "And why shouldn't I?" I raised an eyebrow at the boy. "Summer '16." His eyes widen and he sighed. "Fine." I held out my hand and he dapped me up.

I went inside and yawned going back to JJs room and laying down. I grabbed my phone and texted topper.

-what do I wear?

Topper- not casual but not fancy.

"What does that mean." I mumbled to my self. I groaned and texted Sarah.

- what do a wear for a 'not casual but not fancy' dinner date.

Sarah- be there at noon

I smiled at the text and got up and went to the shower. "So glad I don't have work." I said to my self getting into the hot water.

"Hurry up i gotta pee!" Jj yelled banging on the door. I took my time and washed my hair and got dressed. I even blow dried my hair which I never do. I opened up the door to see jj glaring at me. "I went outside." I smiled at the boy and pulled him in for a hug. "I'm sorry." He hugged me back. He didn't like hugs but he never pushed me away. "It's okay. I'm sorry too."

I pulled away and smiled and pinched his cheeks. "Where you going?" "Sarah and I are going shopping." He pulled out his wallet and handed me a $20. I pushed it back towards him. "Jj." I wined. He put the money in my pocket. "I'd rather give it to you than drugs." He joked. I rolled my eyes and pulled him back into a hug. "Two hugs? Wow." Jj laughed as I put the bill back in his pocket. He pulled away and I held back a giggle.

Sarah honked her horn and I grabbed my purse and said bye. I opened up the car door and Sarah smirked at me. "So took my advice?" She said. I rolled my eyes and untucked my necklace from my shirt. "He got me this." I said showing her. "Holly heck that's beautiful." She said. "He never got me that." She grumbled. I laughed at her.  She drove me to her favorite little store and we got out.

"Okay so middle casual and fancy really means fancy." I groaned at her logic. "Can't I just wear jeans?" She thought for a second. "How bout a simple dress?" I groaned yet again. I don't even know the last Time I wore a dress. "Fine."

We walked around and looked at all the dresses. Sarah kept grabbing some and handed me all of them and I went to the dressing room.

"This is itchy." I said trying not to touch my arms to the dress. I walked back in and tried on another. "Gross." Sarah said and turned me back in. I groaned "I hate trying on clothes." She laughed. I tried on another dress and looked in the mirror. "Not half bad." I said. I walked out and Sarah squealed "perfect!"

"I don't have to wear heels right?" I wined

"I don't have to wear heels right?" I wined. She smiled "you might be taller than topper with heals so maybe just those boots I got you last Christmas." I smiled and looked in the mirror. I looked pretty. There wasn't a lot of times where I thought I looked pretty. I didn't have a lot of money for cute clothes but I didn't look like a bum all the time.  I took it out and brought it to the front and took out my wallet. "Ah I got it." Sarah said handing the cashier her card. "Sarah!" I wined. She grabbed her card back and put it up. "It's an apology gift for the icecream." She said I rolled my eyes. "That wasn't even you." She shrugged and grabbed the bag. "I know." I looked down at my watch and saw it was already 2.

"Wannna come over and I can get you ready? And we can invite kei. I feel like I haven't seen her in forever." Sarah said walking to the car. I agreed. "Just let me run by johns and get my boots."

Sarah drove me to John bs and I got out and ran inside. I pulled out my phone and called kei. "Hey girl." I said looking in The hallway closet for my shoes. "Heyy." Kei said. "Come over to Sarah's in alittle bit?" I asked. I jumped to grab the shoe box at the top of the closet. "Yeah see y'all soon." The shoes fell on top of me and I rubbed my head. Grabbing them I looked around to see jj no where insight. I wrote him a note saying I was going to be at Sarah's.

"That hurt." I mumbled gettin into the car. We drove to Sarah's and I laid out my new dress on her chair. "Hey Sarah." I said looking at the dress. "Can we maybe not tell kei tonight?" I asked. She nodded not looking up from her phone. "Kei wouldn't care." She stated. I scoffed kie might be worse than jj. "I'm just trying to get the people who know to a minimum because I don't know if this is real yet." I mumbled. Sarah threw her phone on the bed and looked at me. "Stas I haven't seen topper this in love with someone ever. Not even with me." She said. I nodded and sighed

"I just don't wanna wake up just yet."