THIRTEEN

Edited

"John b. There in my bed! My sister did it in my bed!" Jj whispered yelled at his best friend. My eyes slowly opened and I looked over at topper who was still sound asleep.

"JJ. Leave." I whispered yelled at the boy. Jj huffed and went back to the living room. Topper stured in his sleep alittle and I turned over to face topper. "Good morning beautiful." He said opening his eyes. I kissed his lips softly. "Good morning handsome." He streatched alittle and muttered "was that Jj I heard." I sighed and nodded "might wanna put on a shirt and get up." I patted his bare stomach and rolled out from the bed, putting on the shorts I had thrown off last night.

He threw on his own shirt and grabbed his phone and wallet from the table. He rapped his arms around my waist and smiled sheepishly. "I like waking up to you." I said putting my arms around his neck. "Guess we'll have to do this more often." I kissed his lips softly and hummed in agreement. "do you want me to drive you to work?" He asked. I shook my head at the boy and patted his chest. "You've done so much, go take a day for your self." He kissed me one more before walking out the room, me following.

All my friends, including pope, kei, and Sarah day on the couch or around it. Topper coughed awkwardly. Sarah Winked at me and popes mouth was agape.

I forgot to tell Pope. Well now he knows.

"Topper." Kei said nodding towards the boy. "Hey." Topper managed to get out. John b and jj sent death stares at the boy and I quickly pushed topper towards the door.

"Go before they kill you." I muttered. He reached to open up the door and turned around and pressed his lips to mine. "Bye babe have a good day at work." I hummed in response and closed the door behind him.

I turned towards my friends smiling sleepishly.

"In my bed really?" Jj finally said. I rolled my eyes at the boy "we didn't do anything. We just went to sleep!"

"Are we just not going to acknowledge who it was?" Pope stated. Kei patted his shoulder "there together."

"Sorry pope I forgot to tell you." I muttered rubbing my neck. He huffed and laid back into the couch.

"How was toppers house?" Jj asked. I was suprised he was even interested. Maybe just me trying to say something bad so he'd have an excuse to beat topper up.

"Uh good. His mom came back early so we booked it here."

Sarah snorted "you met Dr. Thornton? And how'd that go?" I rolled my eyes thinking about the lady. "Horrible." She rolled her eyes too. "Don't take it hard. She hates eveyone. Even topper." I scoffed "I can see that."

I looked at the time and sighed "I gotta get ready for work."

"I'll drive you." Kei said and I nodded turning around to go get dressed.

~

The next few weeksI didn't hang out with topper that much. Don't know if it was because of his mother or if we were both just busy getting ready for midsummers.

I scoffed in Sarah's face "I am not going to midsummers with you." She rolled her eyes "not with me, with topper."

"Then why are you asking me?" I asked crossing my arms. "He wants you to be my plus one because his mom won't let him invite you." I rolled my eyes "he could still ask me himself."

Sarah sighed and nodded. "Toppers a big mamas boy and even asking me to ask you probably hurts him."

I rolled my eyes at again at Sarah. "If he wants me to go than he can ask me himself. Text, call, in person. I don't care. But I'm not going to be his date to something he has to ask me threw his ex girlfriend." Maybe I was being too harsh. There's obviously a reason he didn't ask me. I don't expect an elaborate promposal type thing but I should at least receive a text message.

Sarah sighed rubbing her face "yeah I see your point. I'll tell him." I nodded and thanked her. I laid down on the couch reading a magazine that Sarah had left over. My phone started ringing and I picked it up.

"Hey babe." I said.

"Can you be ready In 10?" He asked.

"Uh sure. What do I need to wear."

"The one dress." He stated. "Okay see you soon." "Bye love."

I sighed. Was he only asking me to go to midsummers In perosn because Sarah told him too. I walked into the bathroom and pulled my hair into a high pony tail and put on some hoop earrings. I didn't have time or feel like it to do my hair.

I put on my dress and shoes and walked outside right as topper pulled up.

He came out of the car and opened up my door. "Haven't seen your in awhile." I stated kissing him. "I know I'm sorry. I'm making it up to you right now."

We got in the car and drove toward the kook part of the island and topper pulled into a parking space infront of a restaurant. It was lunch time so I was starving.

Topper opened up the door for me and I walked in. "Hi two please." I said. "Ah actually 3." He said to the hostess who grabbed three menus. I turned to the boy and shot daggers at him. "What? Rafe wanted to join us?" I huffed and followed the hostess to our seats leaving topper trying to catch up. I sat down in a seat and topper sat across from me. "What stas?" He huffed grabbing the menu from the hostess.

I looked at topper and smiled an 'you know what you did wrong smile' "nothing."

Topper threw his hand up and let out a dramatic sigh. "What's up guy." Rafe said Sliding in the chair next to me. I tried not to roll my eyes at the boy but it was hard not to. "Trouble in paradise?" He asked looking between my eye rolls and toppers red face. "How you doing man." Topper said dapping him up. "Pretty good. Stas." Rafe said looking at me and smiled almost saracastically at the boy. "Doing just peachy." I said shooting daggers at topper.

He goes from not talking to me for days to asking his ex girlfriend to ask me to midsummers. Then says he's going to make it up to me by making me third wheel on him and Rafes bro date.

I rolled my eyes as the boys talked and talked. I eventually stood up. "I'll be right back." I said to the boys. Rafe looked at me funny and topper sighed.

I walked over to the bar. "Hi can I have a vodka and cranberry." I handed them my fake idea and cash. I grabbed my drink and headed back over to the table where the boys were still talking.

"Drinking this early?" Topper asked. I rolled my eyes at the boy. "Need something to get me threw being here". I said sipping some of the drink.

"Oh because I'm that unbearable to be around." He said throwing up his hands. I nodded and took a long sip of my drink. "Right now you are."

"I haven't done anything wrong!" He said. Rafe sat there awkwardly.

I laughed "oh please. You don't talk to me for weeks. Then you ask your ex girlfriend to invite me to midsummers and you say your going to make it up to me only by having me third wheel on yalls bromance. And don't think I don't know that you switched country clubs." I spat at the boy.

Topper mouth open like he was going to say something.

I huffed. I stood up and chugged the remainder of my drink. "Rafe I'll see you later." And walked away