[9- Sky Labyrinth]

~3rd Person POV~

"ATTENTION ALL PARTICIPATES COMPETING IN THIS YEARS GRAND MAGIC GAMES! GOOD MORNING"

A bell rang out all through out Crocus. Everyone runs to the balcony. Mira pointed a finger at a pumpkin man hologram.

"Look!" She yelled.

"What the heck IS that thing?" Gajeel questioned.

"Some sort of pumpkin?" (Y/n) asked.

"TO NARROW DOWN THE 113 GUILDS PARTICIPATING IN THIS UEARS GAMES TO A MORE MANAGEABLE 8, LETS BEGIN THE PRELIMINARY ROUND!"

"Really?" (Y/n) asks in confusion. Everyone gives her confused looks.

"What do you mean?" Jellal questions.

"There hasn't been a preliminary round in the past games!" (Y/n) exclaims. Laxus grunts.

"So this must be the reason why we had to be at our inns by midnight." He points out.

"113 guilds to only 8? I never knew there were even that many guilds in Fiore!" Gajeel says.

"Probably because of the extra teams too.." (Y/n) answers.

"ALTHOUGH THE NUMBER OF GUILDS INCREASES EVERY YEAR, 'THE GAMES HAVE GOTTEN BORING NOW' IS ALL I HEAR! SO LETS NARROW THEM DOWN TO JUST A YEAR! THE RULES FOR THIS PRELIMINARY ROUND, SKY LABYRINTH, ARE SIMPLE!" The pumpkin points his finger into the air, and the inn begins to shake. Everyone grips onto the balcony. That is, everyone but (Y/n). Not given enough time to reacts, she finds herself falling back into Laxus. He grunts a bit, but holds on tightly to (Y/n). (Y/n) blushes a bit, but holds on to prevent her falling. Gajeel glares a little, as does Jellal. The latter not knowing why...YET. Mira let's put a little giggle, and (Y/n) gives her a confused look. Laxus only looks away.

"You better be careful." He points out.

"Y-yeah..." (Y/n) manages to say.

A path of what looked like stone slabs appeared in front of the team.

"That must be the path to the labyrinth..." Mira pointed out.

"THERE ARE NO MAGIC RESTRICTIONS, BUT REMEMBER ONLY EIGHT TEAMS WILL BE ANLE TO PARTICIPATE! YOU MUSTJ HAVE ALL FIVE MEMBERS CROSS THE FINISH LINE FOR IT TO COUNT. AND REMEMBER...WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIVED LOST IN THE LABYRINTH!" The pumpkin finished explaining the rules.

"Lives..." (Y/n) began.

"Lost?" Laxus finished. Gajeel let out a tiny 'tch'.

"NOW! WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, LET THE PRELIMINARY ROUND, SKY LABYRINTH, BEGIN!"

~(Y/n)'s POV~

You shot out of Laxus's arms and gestured for your team to follow behind you. They all took the hint and nodded, beginning to run behind you. A little bit beside you all, you saw another team running up. You smirked.

'So, no magic restrictions?'

"Requip! Sky Dragon! Sky Dragon:Roar!" You sent the attack at the other team, and they screamed as they fell off.

"Good job, (Y/n)! That's a good way to eliminate the other teams!" You heard Mira yell.

You all finally made it to the inside of the maze.

"What...is this thing?!" You yelled. The labyrinth was like a 3D maze. Random staircases and floors were scattered everywhere. You all stood in awe for a bit before Jellal spoke up.