three

"master daisuke? sir kambe said he wants to meet you in his study right now." one of the servants that was laboring under the kambe household informed daisuke from the other side of his bedroom door.

daisuke's hollow eyes moved from the beholding azure night sky outside his balcony to the glass of red wine in his hand. the subtle reflection of the crescent on the wavering surface of the crimson alcoholic liquid gave him a kind of loneliness that was inexplainable in words.

what day of the week was it? how much time has passed since his last hangover?

his thoughts were far too consumed by the sorrow that the realms of his mind had been caught into answering those questions.

the only thing he could soberly recall was him hurriedly leaving his own apartment with nothing in hand and the next thing he knew, he was standing in front of his family estate.

it was ironic, really. considering the fact that he loathed that place so much and yet he found himself accommodating in his old bedroom in the very place that he swore to never visit again.

"master daisuke? are you alri—" the servant's voice was cut off when the door creaked open with the lights from the hallways flooding into the dark room.

"i'll talk to him." a female voice said and sent the servant off before closing the door. "wow, you've only came back for a month and your room is already a freaking pigsty."

"get out, suzue." daisuke mumbled and gulped down the rest of the wine. she wasn't wrong about his room being a complete pigsty though.

pieces of dirty clothing discarded everywhere on the carpeted floor, empty wine bottles piling up on the small table that daisuke sat next to and everything was scattered everywhere after daisuke had thrashed them around on the night he came back.

"you know, dad has been asking me to get your ass down to his study ever since you decided to return out of nowhere." suzue commented as she poured a glass of wine for herself.

daisuke said nothing and just stared blankly into nothingness, his mind adrift.

"since you're probably never going to step out of this shithole, i'll be the messenger and tell you what he wants to tell you." suzue continued after sipping from her glass. "he's planning to arrange a meeting for you with the daughter of the ceo that he's collaborating with work."

suzue smirked when she finally got her brother to look her in the eye. "god, you look like a dead person, dear brother."

and daisuke wondered about what suzue had said for a moment. right, he had put everything to a stop in his systems and he felt numb all over; he was already dead.

"he never gives up, does he?" daisuke let out an empty chuckle. "even after knowing damn well that his own son is a disgusting homosexual?"

suzue shrugged. "he insists on changing your sexual perspective." and yet another empty chuckle slipped into the quiet atmosphere of the room.

"should i give it a try and act like i enjoy women clinging onto me to please our beloved father?"

right after daisuke said that, a shiver ran down his spine at the mere thought.

"i'll talk to him," suzue placed her glass down on the table. "even though the odds are definitely against you." she added with small laugh.

daisuke pushed himself off the armchair he was in and staggered towards the liebherr wine cabinet in his room before proceeding to pull out another bottle of wine only to have suzue stop him.

"do you have beer? wine has been pretty boring for me nowadays." she asked and flopped on daisuke's messy bed.

daisuke sighed and took two cans of beer instead, handing one to his sister.

suzue clicked open the can and took huge gulps from it. she let out a refreshing sigh much to daisuke's amusement.

"trying to be the perfect daughter in front of our dear parents must be a hard work, huh?"

suzue huffed. "you have no idea."

"why don't you run away like i did? you have a decent job anyways." daisuke laughed.

"no, thank you. i'm mom and dad's favorite child anyway." she giggled from the bed.

"shut up."

"so," suzue started as she laid down again after finishing the whole can of beer. "what happened this time, lover boy?"

daisuke knew that her sister wasn't just going to barge into his room, comment about its horrifying cleanliness, joke around while drinking with him and then leave. she was the first person to know about his relationship with haru katou so of course she'd notice that something had happened along the lines of them dating.

"i just told him that i didn't want to see him anymore, that's it." daisuke tried to sound as nonchalant as ever whilst drinking from his own can.

"fucking bullshit, daisuke. i was there when you locked and starved yourself in your apartment after you two broke up; i was there when you pretentiously acted like you were okay with him using you only for your body; i was there when you cried nonstop after finding out that he'd moved on from the break up and introduced you to his new boyfriend."

suzue sighed frustratingly. "so don't give me that crap."

daisuke bit down on his quivering lip as hard as he could, to the point where he could taste the metallic flavor of blood in his mouth, to stop the stinging sensation in his nose and the lump in his throat threatened to overwhelm him.

was he so wrong for wanting a normal relationship with the person he loves? was he so wrong when he initiated the break up, knowing that it was only for the best?

"haru called me three days ago." suzue said.

and the mention of his name was all it took, for daisuke kambe who was trying his best to fight back the urge to cry to breakdown then and there shamelessly.

❨ proofread ❩