VII: You're My Pretty Good Luck Charm

;-)

"What?"

Yoongi asks with a little frown at Jungkook's smiley face. "Ask your boss if you can miss work on friday" Kook replies, of more like repeats since Yoongi seems to have not heard- or believed him the first time. "Kookie, I..." Jungkook senses the refusal, is not like he hadn't expected it. Yoongi loves his job and he is a very responsible man. He wouldn't take a day off just like that, without knowing what it is for. Even so, Jungkook knows what he is doing. Or well, he at least knows he is following Dr. Kim's instructions. He's thought about it for a while now and he even talked to Jimin before the latter returned to Busan three days ago. Jimin told him it was a great idea, a change of atmosphere would most certainly do wonders for Yoongi.

"Please, hyung. Is just one day" Jungkook insists carefully, because even though they have not fought in the past few days, that doesn't mean that they will not fight anymore. "Kook..." Jungkook's able to see that Yoongi is also working on maintaining his temper. Trying not to start an argument. These last few days have been great and the second session with Dr. Kim went pretty well too. Jungkook waited for Yoongi outside the doctor's office again and then took him out to dinner and everything has been alright. Kook goes home after work and Yoongi does too, they enjoy their evenings with Netflix or a good set of music while they work on their computers. Is not as good as what they used to have but it is way better than fighting all the time.

So maybe Jungkook is pushing his luck a little here by asking Yoongi not to go to work but just like his previous crazy ideas, he thinks it is worth it. "Just one day" he says again, Yoongi looks at him from where he's sitting across the table. "What do you want to do that day?" he asks and that is not a plain no, so is progress. Kook thinks carefully of what he is going to say next. Yoongi has almost accepted his offer. A million ideas cross his mind. I want to live an adventure. I want to see the moon and the stars. I want to appreciate the roundness of the Earth.They are all so cheesy, so corny, they would make Yoongi laugh but his amusement doesn't guarantee his acceptance.

Therefore, Jungkook chooses to be blunt "I want to take you to the beach" Yoongi frowns a little but doesn't say anything. "I know is still a bit cold but I would like to go away for a little while with you" There's still no response, Jungkook hopes that isn't a bad sign. He hopes it doesn't mean that he's gotten Yoongi upset and that they would now fight. Is a little risky, maybe he should have used one of the cheeky phrases he thought of before. He's just about to say something when Yoongi sighs "If you're okay with traveling in the afternoon, I can get out of work at midday".

Jungkook can barely believe what he's hearing. His eyes must be huge right now because he didn't think he would be able to convince Yoongi of going away for the weekend. Let alone this easily. He only needed to ask, literally. Jungkook feels a little shocked and maybe he's portraying exactly that because after a few seconds of silence, Yoongi lifts his face to see him.

"I have a very important meeting on Friday, Ggukkie, I can't take the whole day" Oh! Jungkook realizes, Yoongi is trying to justify himself. He might be thinking that Jungkook's upset, perhaps it has something to do with the fact that he's remained silent since Yoongi accepted. He needs to say something. "If not, maybe we can go next week? Or take a vacation to Jeju later this year, if you'd like?" Yoongi looks at him with concern and he might still be thinking that Jungkook is mad, so he needs to say something fast!

"Uhm- no, no, no" Jungkook begins "Friday afternoon is perfect, hyung" he says, extending his hand to grab Yoongi's on the table. "I will find us a nice place to stay and we can even go visit Jimin before returning to Seoul" That last part makes Yoongi smile, Jungkook pretends that he doesn't get jealous over how easily Jimin's name draws a smile on his boyfriend's face.