22

"One ice coffee and chocolate chip muffin for the lady

"One ice coffee and chocolate chip muffin for the lady." Reece handed me the paper bag and reusable ice coffee cup as I entered his car. "They ran out of that caramel sauce they put on the side of the cup, so I told them to put chocolate instead."

I took a sip of the coffee, desperately needing it after spending all night up doing physics homework. "Your a god sent." Reece chuckled as he put the car in drive and began heading towards school.

This had become our daily routine. Reece would pick me up for school every morning with my favorite treats. It actually made me excited to wake up, and we all know how much I hate waking up. I curse the damn sun every time it rises into the sky.

It's been about two weeks since our Thanksgiving break in Manhattan. Madison has been texting me nonstop about how boring her homeschooling life was. Her tutor is apparently a tight ass who disapproves of Madison's ten breaks a session, so things aren't exactly going too well for her. She still prefers it over London so maybe it isn't as bad as she says. She tends to be dramatic.

Over at Westwood, the decoration committee for the winter formal was in full swing. We started buying decorations for the Winter Wonderland theme and things were getting pretty hectic, but that's usually how these things go. We start setting up for the dance next week in the main gym and as head of the committee I've been putting in way too many hours and effort into the whole thing.

People started asking their dates last week which meant random people storming into classes, making up posters and doing the most outrageous things just to ask someone to this damn dance. As of right now, I was going alone. Reece hasn't asked me yet, and of course I wasn't expecting him to go along with the whole cheesy ordeal of creating a poster, but I was expecting him to at least ask.

As he pulled into the student parking lot, I was licking off any crumbs on that remained on the wrapper of the muffin. "You're really into that wrapper, should I be jealous?" Reece smiled over at me.

"Possibly." I tossed the garbage into the paper bag and crumpled it up in my hand. "Come on, I don't want to be late for first period." I grabbed my bag and stepped out of the car before he could even turn off the engine.

Reece quickly caught up to me, falling into step beside me as I climbed the front steps of the school. As we walked down the hall, we saw a boy holding a dozen roses and a poster asking another boy to the dance with him. He giddily accepted the proposal and I smiled as I watched them hug.

I elbowed Reece in the gut, "What?" He hissed at the fatal hit. I nodded over to the boys who were still hugging to try and give him a hint. "That's nice." Was all he said before we stopped in front of my locker.

"That's it? That's all you have to say?" I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

Reece shrugged, obviously clueless to my hints. I rolled my eyes and focused on my locker combination. "Did I do something wrong?" He asked with a curious tone.