35

I threw my backpack into the backseat of Reece's car before getting into the passengers side

I threw my backpack into the backseat of Reece's car before getting into the passengers side. Today was January 2nd, which meant the end of winter break. Going back to Westwood to wake up bright and early for school tomorrow.

Reece insisted on giving me a ride home, but when I refused to be in the same vehicle as Lisa, he paid for her to take the train so we could have some alone time. I settled into my seat and waited for Reece to start up the car so we could get back to reality.

After a few minutes, Reece got into the car and started up the engine. "Hey, you ok?" He asked as he pulled out of his spot.

I nodded my head, "Yeah I'm all right."

"Are you sure? I know last night got a bit..."

"Annoying? Awkward? Frustrating?" I filled in the missing words for him. Yesterday, after our talk, Reece came back to my apartment. We were watching a movie that we weren't paying any attention to since things were getting steamy, but right when I was about to take his shirt off, Lisa called.

Apparently she was hungry and had been waiting for Reece to come back so she could order some food. He tried to buy her food that would be delivered, but she didn't know what she wanted and insisted he come back to the hotel.

Reece had apologized a million times last night, and I told him it was ok because it wasn't a big deal. Once he left, I started thinking about how she will constantly be a big cock blocker for us. When we get back to Westwood, she'd be living with him. Things were going to change, and it bugged me.

He let out a sigh and quickly glanced over at me, "Tell me what's on your mind. Let me fix it."

"There's nothing to fix. Why I'm upset isn't because of you, it's because of her." I grumbled in my seat.

"Tell me any way. I want to know why you're upset with Lisa." He was persistent with trying to get me to talk about my feelings. At this point, the boy could get me to do anything.

"I just didn't like how she made you leave because she doesn't know how to feed herself."

Reece smirked, making me groan and roll my eyes. He was definitely about to say something snarky and stupid. "No need to be jealous Bennett, I've only got an emotional boner for you." He placed his hand on my thigh and smiled.

"I'm not jealous, just annoyed that my...ugh what the heck am I supposed to call you?" The word boyfriend was still off the table for now, but I didn't know how else to describe what Reece was to me.

"BIT." He simply stated.

I gave him a weird look, "What the hell is a BIT?"

"Boyfriend in training." He clarified.

"Does that make me you're GIT?" If it did, I didn't like it. The acronym sounded kinda weird in my head.

Reece shook his head, "Nah, you're my PG."