29

"It boggles my mind how you would much rather stay in this apartment alone than jet set off to California for your winter break," Madison fell back onto my bed while I picked through my endless stacks of fashion magazines, "just thinking about all...

"It boggles my mind how you would much rather stay in this apartment alone than jet set off to California for your winter break," Madison fell back onto my bed while I picked through my endless stacks of fashion magazines, "just thinking about all the hot surfer boys makes me want to book the next flight."

"Boys aren't exactly the most prominent thing on my mind these days." I picked up a Elle magazine and began flipping through it, analyzing each of the models that graced the pages.

Madison gazed over at me with a strange look, "Since when? Don't tell me you've settled for that lose boyfriend back in Connecticut."

"Actually, we broke up." My eyes didn't move away from the magazine as I said this.

"Finally! Now you can hook up with guys without dealing with the guilt of cheating on him, which I never approved of anyways." Madison hummed.

"I'm actually not trying to hook up with any guys right now..." I trialed off, gaining a suspicious look from Madison.

She sat in silence for a moment, thinking over the statement I had just made before a light bulb went off in her head, "Oh my god, you and Reece?" A small smile formed on my face and Madison squealed, "Finally! You guys have way too much sexual chemistry to not be screwing. Tell me everything, now."

I rolled my eyes and put down the magazine. Madison was a big gossip, but somehow very trustworthy when it comes to secrets. She's always kept my secrets, but I've never really told her anything too deep to worry about getting out. "We actually haven't had sex yet."

Madison's face fell due to shock. She looked as though someone had taken away her favorite pair of stilettos and threw them in the trash. It was actually quiet funny. "No sex? What do you mean you aren't having sex? How can two people like you and Reece not being fucking every second of the day?"

"I don't know, things are different this time. We've done the whole friends with benefits thing last summer and we both ended up getting hurt." I let out a huge sigh and tossed my magazine to the side.

"So this isn't just some hooking up deal? This is a real commitment?" I nodded my head to answer her question and she let a small grin form on her face. "This is good. You've never really been emotionally invested into someone before, and Reece seems to really care about you."

"He does. You have no idea how much he's been there for me recently, I don't understand how he can deal with it all." A light laugh escaped my lips.

Madison rolled her eyes and scoffed, "You're a fucking prize, Carson Bennett. Any guy would be lucky to be with you!" She grabbed my hand and gave it a light squeeze, "Its high time you have a guy who wants you for more than just sex."

"Thanks Maddie," my heart fluttered at all these compliments, "I'm just a bit scared, ya know? Cheating on Freddie is probably the worst thing I've ever done to someone, what if I'm always going to be a cheater? What if I can't help being a bad person?"