Kabanata 30

Dumbfounded

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. This is your captain speaking, my name is Ellie. First I would like to welcome everyone of you on board to Airbus - Flight CB143. Thank you for choosing to fly with us and we hope you enjoy your flight today."

I was kinda surprised that I managed to  deliver that without stuttering considering that my mind was still clouded with thoughts from what just happened earlier.

"We are currently cruising at an altitude of 33,000 feet at an airspeed of 400 miles per hour. The time is 3:25 pm. The weather looks good and with the tailwind on our side, we are expecting to land in Puerto Princesa approximately fifteen minutes ahead of schedule. The sky is clear and sunny, with a high of 31 degrees for this afternoon. If the climate cooperates we should get a great view of the city as we descend."

I was almost convinced that I'm gradually getting back on my trance now. Adrenaline is starting to overpower the pressure. For a moment, I've managed to set aside my bewilderment from the previous scenario in the airport.

"The cabin crew will be coming around in about twenty minutes time to offer you a light snack and beverage, and the inflight movie will begin shortly after that. I'll talk to you again before we reach our destination. Until then, sit back, relax and enjoy the rest of the flight."

Saglit na inilayo ko sa bibig ang lapel microphone para huminga nang malalim. I conditioned my composure and set my head on what's in front of me. Thank God I was able to focus on my business through the entire flight.

It was just a short trip that lasted for around one and a half hour. Alas-singko na nang makarating kami roon. The passengers have now successfully and safely got out of the plane.

"Nandyan na raw ba yung shuttle?" tanong ni Jigs na isang first officer.

Tumango ako habang nakatingin sa phone. "Nag-message na sakin,"

Tumayo ang isa pang co-pilot na si Anika. "Kain muna tayo bago magpahatid sa hotel,"

"Oo tara, masarap daw dun sa Don Amigo's. Malapit lang dito sa Airport," aya ni Jigs.

Hinubad na namin ang mga suot na gears para makalabas.

"Sayang, Bright Bite sana tayo kaso hindi ako sure kung open na yung branch nila dito." habol pa ni Anika.

My heart immediately went ecstatic at the mere mention of that phrase.

Bright Bite.

Of course I know that. 

Who wouldn't know about this legendary and big hit restaurant? It's virtually impossible not to come across an article about it over the net. Its wide sector have made it nearly everywhere around the country too. With the superb quality of the food and services that they provide, it didn't even require too much marketing strategies for them to make it to the top. Not to mention that the founder of the restaurant is a damn hot bachelor who's just in his 20s.