c h a p t e r t w o

"Aggie, I love you." While hurricane Agatha may have done severe damage to the island and homes, including the Thornton's, where pieces of their roof were now missing, tree limbs were strewn about the yard, electric poles were haphazardly laying everywhere, and their boat got more dings than Teddie liked to see, the hurricane also blessed the girl with something truly magical. While her beloved Jeep Wrangler remained unscathed, Topper's dirt bike -or motorcycle as he insists on calling it- was now laying crushed under a tree limb.

"God dammit!" Topper yelled angrily as Teddie chuckled and got into her Jeep. "Are you seriously not going to help clean up?" He shouted at his sister.

"Topper please, you're literally wearing white pants and a pink polo with the collar popped." She shouted back, flipping him off as his face turned a nice shade of red.

Teddie laughed as she drove down the long drive way and made her way through the Figure Out and towards the Cut to the Chateau.

It didn't take too long, maybe only ten minutes. And the girl knew the route like the back of her hand now and knew all the best shortcuts, so she got to her destination in no time. Although it was still long enough for her to get a good look at the damage that had been done to the island. By the time Teddie finally got to the Chateau a deep frown was set upon her face.

"What's the damage?" Teddie called out as she jumped out of her Jeep and approached JJ and John B who were cleaning tree branches and limbs out of the HMS Pogue. She's definitely seen better days.

"What isn't the damage?" John B grumbled angrily, throwing another handful of sticks and limbs out of the boat and onto the ground.

"How's the Figure 8?" JJ asked. Teddie never could tell if he actually cared about the F8 when he asked about it, or if he was just trying to be nice. She figured it was the latter.

Either way, she let out a scoff before answering, "Trust me, it'll be just fine. JB, you think DCS is making it out today?" The boy was kind of banking on Agatha to keep the social workers away.

"Nope." John B said with a shit-eating grin. "No way their getting on a Ferry. And I don't know about you guys, but I think Gods telling us to go fishing."

"You know, I think I heard that too." Teddie said, moving to grab her cooler out of the Jeep. Kie and Teddie, being the moms of the group more or less, had a system in place that the boys absolutely loved. Anytime they went out on the HMS Pogue, Teddie would pack drinks for everyone in her small cooler, while Kie packed snacks.

"You got our juice boxes?" John B asked excitedly. Only the juice boxes John B was referring to weren't exactly kid friendly.

"Bro, you know she got our juice boxes." JJ smirked.

"What would you boys do without me?" Teddie asked with a smirk of her own as the three made their way onto the boat.

"Be sober." Teddie snorted a laugh at JJ's response. He had her there.

Pope was first to be picked up, he was already on the dock cleaning up Aggie's mess when the boat approached his dock. Teddie was laid back relaxing as the boys coaxed Pope onto the boat. To say his dad was pissed would be an understatement. "You're dads a pussy, over." JJ egged on.

"I heard that, you little bastard." Heyward snapped, making Teddie laugh. As much as Heyward rode Pope's ass, the friends knew it was because he wanted more for his son than he had. And Teddie admired him for that. Pope really didn't know quite how good he had it.

"I promise I'll come help Pope clean it up tomorrow, Mr. H!" The girl called out, making the older man shake his head at her.

"Yeah, I've heard that before, Teddie. Boy you better get your ass back over here!"