c h a p t e r t h r e e

"That went well." Pope said sarcastically. The group of friends were attempting to report the crash, only when they got to the Coast Guard it was filled with other residents of the island making their own reports and complaints; mostly about the power still being out.

The boys had been the ones to go inside and try to turn in the key, while the girls waited outside where Teddie played with Kie's hair as Kie vented to her about John B. "They wouldn't listen to us." JJ complained, as John B started the boat back up and JJ pushed it off land before jumping, actually tripping, into the boat.

"Smooth." Teddie laughed, making JJ ruffle her hair. Teddie swiped her hand up and slipped his red hat off his head before placing it on her own and sticking her tongue out when he turned to fake-glare at her. JJ can pretend to be pissed all he wants, but he and Teddie both know he could never actually be mad at the girl. Just like she'd never really be mad at him.

"Guess we'll just have to find out ourselves." John B said with a smirk back to the friends.

"And what exactly do you mean by that?" Pope asked, not getting an answer. Which to Teddie only meant that it was something stupid enough that Pope would argue against it and neither boy wanted to deal with that.

Teddie's suspicions were answered when John B pulled up to a run down motel. The kind of place Agent Spencer Reid would find the victim in the beginning of Criminal Minds. JJ let out a low whistle, "And I thought the Chateau was bad."

"Yeah, this place is a dump." John B agreed.

"Motel or meth lab?" Kie asked.

"You be the judge." Pope added on.

"Definitely doesn't look like the kind of place someone with a Grady-White would stay." John B mused, as the friends all let their eyes rack over the wreckage that was the motel. Power lines were laid in the grass, shingles and shudders had been ripped off the walls, and the mattresses had been removed from the rooms and now lined the halls on both levels.

"Looks more like a place someone with a Grady-White would get killed." Teddie observed.

As soon as the teens were close enough, JJ hopped out of the boat and pulled it onto land, making sure it wouldn't float back into the water. "We doing this thing?" He asked, earning an eager nod from John B.

"I'm gonna stay here, man the lookout." Kie said, kicking her feet up.

"Yeah, breaking and entering won't look good on college applications." Pope agreed.

"Well, I'm not missing this shit." Teddie decided, jumping up and accepting the hand JJ held out for her. JJ grinned and flicked the bill of his hat that still sat atop her head so it went down over her eyes.

"Teddie, please make sure they don't do anything stupid." Pope pleaded.

"No promises." Teddie said with a smirk as she shoved JJ and adjusted the hat before giving Pope a quick wink.

JJ threw his arm around Teddie's shoulder as they started walking towards the motel, stopping when they heard Kiara call out to John B, dangling the key on her finger. "Just...be careful." She said softly, kissing his cheek.

Teddie had to hold in my chuckle as JJ looked at her with raised eyebrows. "Yeah." John B said with a confused smile, gently taking the key from her grasp.

JJ turned around, taking Teddie with him, as they continued their trek towards the stairs. "Just be so careful John B." JJ said, mimicking Kiara as he practically hung off JB's shoulders.

"You're so weird." John B laughed, slapping JJ away as he looked for the correct room.

"Seriously, bro, what was that?" JJ asked.