Fliers

In the morning Match had only gotten four hours of sleep, but as soon as it was day in Clearwater she called Bandana using the phone number that he had given her. 

"Hello?" Bandana answered. 
"Hey Bandana, I'm still like, working on Matty's case, this is Match." Match said, sitting at her cabinet. 
"Oh! Hi Match. The house is still standing so I think I'm doing a good job-"
"Besides the house, do you like, know anything else about Matty's case that you haven't already told me?" Match asked. 
"Well.. Matty told me before that a lot of people in her work, her friend groups and just everyone she talked to was just kinda acting strange, and then one day she called me asking me to pick her up, telling me Boinks wasn't safe, but before she could explain, she hung up!" 

"Hmm," Match thought for a bit, "I guess this case is much bigger than I thought. I… I noti.  I.." Match tried to say 'I noticed that the police were acting strange', but she just couldn't seem to say it. Her body seemed to tighten inside like it wasn't letting the air through.
"Uh.. you're breaking up, but that's all I know really. I'm going to try to eat three pizzas by myself before they get cold! Call me if you've got anything you should tell me, or if I need to rescue you too," Bandana said. Forgetting to hang up Match could hear him walking away saying, "PIZZA TIME," in an artificial deep growl voice. 

Match hung up herself. 
Matty had been suspicious of people around her, so it meant that this probably wasn't just a police issue, but then who killed the nest?

Although Match felt like she knew more, she also felt like she knew less. 
The police weren't the core of the problem, they were most likely more victims, but now Match didn't have any idea what organization or individual was behind this. She needed more information, and although it was dangerous, if the problem was widespread enough than asking the general public might give her some useful information she couldn't get anywhere else. 

At the public library Match stood at the copier watching her yellow fliers print out.

They had written on them:
"Notice people acting strange? Get CASH for information. $1000 for any information on strange public behavior"

The librarian at the front desk was a couch cushion. While Match was printing she glanced at her. The cushion looked away, almost as if she was staring right until Match looked. Match still felt her 'stomach' gravitate to certain things, and she couldn't deny that the couch cushion was one of them. 

Several other people reading and writing also seemed to be pulling her innards toward them. She wished this feeling would just stop, it felt like her body was judging them to some degree, and she didn't want to be biased. 
The lights flickered.

"OK! No more prints!" The librarian said to Match. 
"Oh? Ok," Match said. She picked up the stack of fliers and tried to bring them across the room and out the exit. Oddly Match found it a little difficult. The fliers felt really heavy for some reason. It didn't make any sense but Match tried to ignore why.
Comically, she slowly took one step at a time across the carpet trying to get from point A to point B.

"Need any help?" The librarian asked. 
"N-nope! Got it! Heh.." Match gasped. It felt like her joints were freezing up, but she eventually got through to the parking lot, and then into her little blue car. She dropped the fliers in the passenger's seat, and sighed. These oddly heavy fliers were strange, but she had to get started. 

At any intersection with a wooden pole, or billboards in laundromats she put up the fliers, and she didn't want to believe it, but with every paper it got harder and harder to staple them to whatever she needed. It was almost like something was trying to stop her.

But it couldn't be true right? There had to be another reason why these papers were so heavy. The city couldn't have gotten to her too.. not yet not yet. She was just sick.. just sick making her weak needing water… just sick.