00

PROLOGUE

SHES GONE
-
They were the bestest of friends, they really were. They even had nicknames for each other that no one else was allowed to call them, not even their parents.

They hung out almost every day, no matter what condition. They were almost inseparable, and there was no doubt that they didn't have any chemistry together.

Everyone around them always said, or would say that they would end up together, but the two young kids would always scrunch you their noses in disgust, and kindly explain that they were only best friends.

Though, he didn't know this but Alice's father hated him, no one knew why, he just hated him so much that words could not explain.

Of course Laurence, or so more commonly known as Laurie didn't know this, not at all. In fact, he always thought that her father loved him because of how kind he was to him.

They were only eight at the time, but Laurie was around five months younger than Alice, and she would always take that as an advantage.

"I get to eat first because I'm older"

"You do this first since I'm older"

Laurie hated it, but Alice of course loved it.

One day while hanging out, Laurie could sense that Alice seemed to be quite stressed.

"What's wrong Allie?" Laurie questioned, raising an eyebrow as he stared into the females eyes.

"Teddy.. I'm moving" Alice muttered, her heart breaking while she spoke about moving to a different place and leaving her best friend behind.

"What? No! Allie please tell me that you're joking" Laurie spoke, shaking his head as he could feel his eyes swell up with warm tears, he reached his sleeve up to his eyes to wipe them away.

Alice said nothing, instead she slowly shook her head side to side, a signal showing that she was indeed not joking or fooling around.

"Allie I'm going to miss you" Laurie whispered, sniffling a bit. It was now Alice's turn to start tearing up, seeing Laurie like this completely broke her heart.

"I'm sorry.." she whispered, wiping away her tears.

"Please come back Allie" Laurie whispered, holding onto the edge of her dress.

"I'll try Teddy" Alice nodded her head, their pinkies intertwining with each-other as they stamped their thumbs against each other, creating a pinky promise.

"Don't forget about me" Alice said, a playful smile on her lips.

"I could never"

-
Hi! I deeply apologize for any new readers! When I first started to write this story there was a prologue, but it got deleted so i decided to recreate it!