Chapter 14: Confession

"Do you like me?"

  "What?"

  "I said, do you like me?" A tinge of urgency bled into his voice, almost too subtle to be noticed.

  "I don't see how this relates to-"

   He snapped his head up to look at me, and there were tears welling up in his eyes. "It definitely relates. These few days, you've been playing with my emotions, my heart. I don't know whether you're being serious, or you're just playing games."

  "The nicknames, they makes my heart leap. The console. Knowing that you care about me so much that you'd spend that much money on me, even though we've only known each other for two weeks."

  His voice cracked. "Just now, that was the tipping point. I asked myself if this is what I wanted, to be unsure of your feelings about me. It hurt not to know, hurt so much, I couldn't take it."

  "Oh, Connor. I'm so sorry you feel this way." I leant in for a hug, but he jerked away from me like he'd been shocked. I realised I needed to quell his fears and doubts before comforting him.

  Taking a deep breath, I whispered.

  "I like you, Connor."

  The android stared at me in disbelief. "A-are you sure? You're not just saying this for the sake of making me feel better?" His posture was stiff, almost as if he was afraid to move.

  "Yes, I mean it." This confession felt bittersweet, I wished that the circumstances would have been better for me to reveal my feelings for him.

  "It's a little confusing, how I feel about you, because I've only known you for a while, but the one thing I do know, is that you make me happier."

  "These few days, seeing your face, your expressions, observing your actions, they give meaning to my life. It's almost like 'love at first sight', if you know what I mean."

  "I couldn't control how I felt about you. You just threw all my thoughts into oblivion, and make me so happy I can't breathe, sometimes."

  Connor was staring at me in wonder as I told him my feelings. "I can't believe it, you're sure you're not lying?" I giggled, and extended my arms towards him.

  "Of course not! I think you're the love of my life, Connor." He accepted my embrace, and we stayed like that for a while, savouring the feeling of being so close together.

//

We did our daily activities in a daze. It seemed like we both hadn't accepted the reality of having confessed to each other and have it turn out to be the best possible outcome.

  "Love?"

  He turned his head, and smiled at me. I was still dizzy, and that evening had felt like a dream. "Yes?"

  "How would you like to sleep in the same bed?"

  "Isn't it a bit early..?" He asked. "I mean, we've only known each other for a while. But I wouldn't say no." A blush spread across his face as he said it.

  I laughed at his response, a fuzzy feeling blooming in my chest. How cute, he was shy. "Okay then, let's try it tonight."

  I could hear his surprised intake of breath.

  "T-tonight?"

  "Yes, doll. Why, are you shy?"

  "No, of course not." Connor huffed loudly.

//

  The click of the light switch and Connor's shifting in the bedsheets were the only sounds. I approached my bed, clothed in my sleepwear.

  I forgot. My sleepwear. Ah.. how I am I going to let him see me in this again? Luckily, he was turned away from me as of now, and I had some time to make my decision. To change or not to change.

  Whatever. You only live once, right?

  Lifting up the duvet, I lay on the bed next to him. I could feel the warmth of his body, and my heart beat a little faster knowing he was clothed as much as I was.

  How perverted, I know.

  I pressed my lips together, considering the option of asking to cuddle. I mean, we were basically together now, right? Before I could decide, he turned towards me.

  His arm went flying towards me as a result of the movement, and landed on my waist. We flinched simultaneously, and heat rose up to our faces immediately.

  "I-I didn't mean to." Connor stuttered, his offending hand long withdrawn to himself.

  I tried to hold back my laughter, but failed. He noticed my amusement, and huffed in annoyance, turning back away from me.

  Hugging him from behind, I could feel his back heat up in modesty.

  "Goodnight, Con."

  "Goodnight."

//Please don't forget to comment your thoughts! Vote if you liked the chapter too! - angelfruitspider//