Two

“Did that make you feel better?” Emma asks. He serves her a death glare, his forehead glistening with sweat. He walks towards one of the sacks and pulls it over the floor until its right in front of her chair. Sitting on it, he faces her. “That was just the beginning.

You’re going to wish you were dead by the time I’m done with you.”

He is furious, evidenced by the clenched jaw and the hard look on his face.

“Okay,” Emma is now feeling afraid but she won’t show him. Aggressive men like to see their victims quivering in fear. Emma is not about to give him the satisfaction. Acting calm will enrage him more, it’ll give her some pleasure and give her the illusion of having a little bit of control.

“I’m going to fulfil your false accusation,” he says. “Go ahead. Do whatever you want, old man. It will not bring back all the things you lost. Neither will it make you feel any better. In the end you’ll feel empty.”
“Is that how you feel?”

At first it had been thrilling, watching him suffer. Considering that innocent people (his wife and children) got hurt in the process, she sometimes thought it would have been better to just walk away. “Is that what you want to hear?”

He stands up and bends in front of her, hands on the arm rests. He presses his lips against hers and for a moment she almost gets lost in the sweet nostalgic sensation. Then she bites his lip.

“Ahhh you little-“

His lips are bleeding. Grimacing, he strides towards the door and opens it.