One

A splash of cold water on her face wakes her up. Her eyes flutter open. A figure wearing black slacks is standing in front of her. Her eyes travel upwards and meet a familiar face.

Robert is grinning evilly at her while holding a plastic bucket in his right hand. The room looks like a farmer's store. Tools on the corners, some hanging off the walls. There are a few sacks of corn with holes on their lower corners, probably from rats.

Tied to a straight backed wooden chair, Emma realizes that it's pointless to struggle. She could scream but she knows he is fairy intelligent. If anyone could hear her scream, he would have gagged her.

Also, she is not afraid of him. She starts laughing. "What is this, Robert? Are you so desperate for me that you've resorted to cheap tricks in order to have me?"

"Shut up," he commands. "You ruined my life!"

"And you, my dear Robert didn't see it coming. I was just a silly little girl to you."

Shaking his head, he strides towards one of the sacks and positions his body on it. "When did you change? When did you become so hard hearted? You were the kindest, sweetest person I knew. I can't believe that you now talk like that."

"I did not change," she gave a half-smile. "You gave me pain, and it turned me into your enemy. Before you, I hated no one so who would I be rude to? You destroyed me. What did you expect me to do? Just sit there and wait for karma?"

"Maybe?"

"Well, I couldn't."

He smirks. "But now you're in my arms and I'm going to enjoy making you pay for everything I have lost."

She continues to smile until a slap lands across her face.